Old 13-07-2009, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Question?

On 2009-07-13 20:30:49 +0100, June Hughes

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2009-07-13 16:24:17 +0100, June Hughes

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2009-07-13 16:02:15 +0100, David in Normandy
said:

Sacha wrote:

here in France are mean and hard. S.A.S. Slugs.
lol oh dear. When I read this, I had a vision of the slugs parachuting
in))
You mean nobody's told you...........? ;-)
Anyway, isn't it thrushes that snails parachute from? Usually to a
rocky place?
Oh for more thrushes! I've seen two this year. ;-(
(Boast warning). - I saw a red kite hovering over some prey yesterday
at Barnsdale Gardens. What an amazing sight. However, I was so
fascinated by it that I forgot to get the camera out and then fumbled
so much I didn't get a pic.

You have what Paul Theroux calls a "snapshot of the mind" - even more
important.

Yes, you are correct but I can't share it.

Very true but such is life and IME we all see or remember things
differently anyway. On the whole, I find my strongest memories are not
those contained in the camera and the best photo can't always convey
the best memory. We saw a stupendous sunset in Kaikoura in NZ. I'm
not even going to attempt to describe it. People were coming out of
houses and restaurants to photograph it, locals had never seen anything
like it etc. We had no camera with us then and to be honest, I do
wonder if our amateur effort could convey its majesty. All I know is
that I saw it, it was superb, unreal and I'll never foget it.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com