Old 13-07-2009, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Corgettes - can you control ?

The corgettes (and the pumkins) are starting to spread their tenacles over
the garden,
often into places they are not so welcome (like the grass).
What happens if you simply trim the spreading "limbs" ?
How much can you safely take off without seriously reducing yield ?
Advice is appreciated.

Old 13-07-2009, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

LampLighter writes
The corgettes (and the pumkins) are starting to spread their tenacles over
the garden,
often into places they are not so welcome (like the grass).
What happens if you simply trim the spreading "limbs" ?
How much can you safely take off without seriously reducing yield ?
Advice is appreciated.

Can't you just pick them up and put them somewhere else? It's what I do.

--
Kay
Old 13-07-2009, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"LampLighter" wrote ...
The corgettes (and the pumkins) are starting to spread their tenacles over
the garden,
often into places they are not so welcome (like the grass).
What happens if you simply trim the spreading "limbs" ?
How much can you safely take off without seriously reducing yield ?
Advice is appreciated.

We just push sticks into the ground against their stems to guide them to
where we want them to grow.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 20-07-2009, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13 jul, 23:48, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"LampLighter" *wrote ... The corgettes (and the pumkins) are starting to spread their tenacles over
the garden,
often into places they are not so welcome (like the grass).
What happens if you simply trim the spreading "limbs" ?
How much can you safely take off without seriously reducing yield ?
Advice is appreciated.

We just push sticks into the ground against their stems to guide them to
where we want them to grow.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
just W. of London

Guiding with sticks - should of thought of that, thanks.
But I am going to chop off a "tentacle", just to see . . .
Old 22-07-2009, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , LampLighter
writes
The corgettes (and the pumkins) are starting to spread their tenacles over
the garden,
often into places they are not so welcome (like the grass).
What happens if you simply trim the spreading "limbs" ?
How much can you safely take off without seriously reducing yield ?
Advice is appreciated.

A bit late now, but I always buy Zucchini, which grow as a bush and
still produce a huge yield.

Pas de probleme!

Roy.
--