Old 25-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Registered User

Exclamation UK Gardeners - Help Needed

Hi all, this is my 1st post in the forum. I'm doing research for a project and I have to find out what is the Demographic of Gardeners in the UK.

Any help is greatly appreciated, many thanks.
Old 25-07-2009, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default UK Gardeners - Help Needed

HappyGoodTimes wrote:
Hi all, this is my 1st post in the forum. I'm doing research for a
project and I have to find out what is the Demographic of Gardeners in
the UK.

Any help is greatly appreciated, many thanks.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm 65% female and 35% male; as a
female I mostly garden in the daytime, but when gardening as a male it's
mostly at weekends or if I can get away early from work, on weekday
afternoons except for the 13% of me who is retired and can garden in the
morning (in the afternoons I tend to be found engaging in other social
activities).

I garden more or less everywhere across the UK - mostly in urban areas,
but ...

Can I suggest you find out from your supervisor what your project is
meant to be finding out and maybe organise a proper survey.
I've not used it, but there is a website (http://www.surveymonkey.com/)
that allows you to build an online survey that may be useful to you when
gathering data. However, bear in mind that many gardeners (maybe most of
them) don't join gardening forums.
Old 25-07-2009, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

HappyGoodTimes wrote:
Hi all, this is my 1st post in the forum. I'm doing research for a
project and I have to find out what is the Demographic of Gardeners in
the UK.

The question is insufficiently precise. Which demographic do you want to
measure? There are lots - Wikipedia is relatively accurate in this respect.
Old 26-07-2009, 08:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
HappyGoodTimes wrote:

Hi all, this is my 1st post in the forum. I'm doing research for a
project and I have to find out what is the Demographic of Gardeners in
the UK.

According to my daughters, there is at least one gardener who was
a contemporary of the dinosaurs.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.