Old 11-10-2009, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Soil sifter

wrote in message ...
"~Brian~" writes:

Bob Minchin wrote:
If you have stony soil and want to sieve it without the back ache and
arm ache of hand sieving, then I can thoroughly recommend the
electrically powered Scheppach RS400. I've just bought one of these
and it performs really well.

Bit pricey for my pocket!!! :-(

In best Heath-Robinson fashion the couple of occasions over the years
I've needed to do a lot of sieving I've arranged a wobbly stand for my
home made sieve, which is a wooden frame with suitable sized chicken
wire nailed on, and then strapped my orbital sander to it. The sander
can be locked on and the speed adjusted to hit the resonant frequency
of the lashup.

Anthony

I made this -

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture005.jpg

Out of junk, and a trolley which once belonged to B&Q. It works well as I
shovel stuff in and a slave turns it by hand.

Steve

Old 11-10-2009, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"shazzbat" writes:

wrote in message ...

In best Heath-Robinson fashion the couple of occasions over the years
I've needed to do a lot of sieving I've arranged a wobbly stand for my
home made sieve, which is a wooden frame with suitable sized chicken
wire nailed on, and then strapped my orbital sander to it. The sander
can be locked on and the speed adjusted to hit the resonant frequency
of the lashup.

I made this -

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture005.jpg

Out of junk, and a trolley which once belonged to B&Q. It works well
as I shovel stuff in and a slave turns it by hand.

Bah, far too neat. I'm deficient in the handy slave department too so
motorisation is necessary.

Anthony