Old 21-10-2009, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lovely tree!

Went to Savill gardens today, well worth going at this time of the year.

Oaks were fascinating, especially at how diverse they appear both in
colour and form from one to another.
The best tree of the day which undoubtedly stood out in the garden and
on our trip was the Acer conspicum? "Phoenix" a beautiful pink tinged
bark and a lovely delicate form, It was really outstanding.

Shame that on checking the Internet, so is the price

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 21-10-2009, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote...
Went to Savill gardens today, well worth going at this time of the year.

Oaks were fascinating, especially at how diverse they appear both in
colour and form from one to another.
The best tree of the day which undoubtedly stood out in the garden and on
our trip was the Acer conspicum? "Phoenix" a beautiful pink tinged bark
and a lovely delicate form, It was really outstanding.

Shame that on checking the Internet, so is the price

Well worth going at any time of the year IMO.
Just a couple of miles down the road from me so used as a watering hole too
as well as somewhere to park to walk in the Great Park.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 21-10-2009, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 17:13:53 +0100
Janet Tweedy wrote:

The best tree of the day which undoubtedly stood out in the garden and
on our trip was the Acer conspicum? "Phoenix" a beautiful pink tinged
bark and a lovely delicate form, It was really outstanding.

Acer x conspicuum 'Phoenix.' A cross between A. davidii and A. rufinerve.

I'm growing it grafted as a high standard, my wife calls it the Devil Tree
because in winter the Phoenix part goes really bright red.

Nice lemon yellow fall colour but short lived.

A very fine tree, agreed!

-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom

Lovely Veronica Sacha[_3_] United Kingdom 3 30-03-2009 12:32 AM
Whats this lovely tree???! sarahsop Gardening 0 29-03-2007 08:45 PM
Lovely, Fragrant, Stingy Shiva Roses 0 15-05-2004 07:13 PM
Coming up bloomin' lovely Mike United Kingdom 0 13-04-2003 04:08 PM
For Auction, lovely book Well Planned Garden Geoff Phillips United Kingdom 0 11-12-2002 12:33 PM