Old 02-11-2009, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Dog safe plants

Hi All

I want to make the garden look pretty but am aware that there are some
plants that are toxic to dogs... what plants are safe enough to grow around
a puppy?

I already have some plants in the garden that I know I have to be careful of
but am going to keep a keen eye on where the puppy goes

Old 02-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna UK View Post
Hi All

I want to make the garden look pretty but am aware that there are some
plants that are toxic to dogs... what plants are safe enough to grow around
a puppy?

I already have some plants in the garden that I know I have to be careful of
but am going to keep a keen eye on where the puppy goes
Easier to keep a list of those plants that are poisonous to dogs:

http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/informat...isonousplants/
Old 02-11-2009, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Donna UK" wrote in message
Hi All

I want to make the garden look pretty but am aware that there are some
plants that are toxic to dogs... what plants are safe enough to grow
around a puppy?

I already have some plants in the garden that I know I have to be careful
of but am going to keep a keen eye on where the puppy goes

I hope said puppy is not a Border Collie. Mine certainly lives up the name.
Finally got round to removing the root of an old Eucalyptus tree a few weeks
ago, and found 2 bones and a ball buried down there. In the three years
she's lived with me, she has completely wrecked every border in the place,
and the lawn too! Now I know why the breed is called what it is. :-)

jim, Northampton

Dog Worms: Understand Dog Worms Symptoms and Infestation brahimbb17 Gardening 0 10-12-2008 12:17 PM
Are Apex soil and veg plants SAFE after fire? laurie \(Mother Mastiff\) North Carolina 7 17-10-2006 05:57 PM
javelina - what plants are safe? juniper Gardening 1 14-03-2005 03:53 PM
Dog Safe Fertilizer Billy Gardening 9 16-08-2003 12:22 PM
Airport x-ray machines safe for plants and seeds? JS United Kingdom 2 07-01-2003 11:15 PM