Old 31-12-2009, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default seed searching

Anyone know where you can buy seeds for Lathyrus venetus? i had them on
order from Derry Watkins but she hasn't got any left and the only place
i can see on the Internet apart from that is the AGS which i don't
belong to.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 31-12-2009, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon

Janet,

You might try Stone House Cottage nursery nr Kidderminster. They had
it a while back and still list it. A slightly longer shot may be Ray
Brown at Plant World Seeds. He does a lot of Lathyrus and although it
isn't listed this year, I'm sure he's had in the past and may be able
to muster up a plant or a few seeds. Worth a try anyway.

Stone House: http://www.shcn.co.uk
Plant World: http://www.plant-world-seeds.com

Old 31-12-2009, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 13:39:53 +0000, Dave Poole wrote
(in article
):

Janet,

You might try Stone House Cottage nursery nr Kidderminster. They had
it a while back and still list it. A slightly longer shot may be Ray
Brown at Plant World Seeds. He does a lot of Lathyrus and although it
isn't listed this year, I'm sure he's had in the past and may be able
to muster up a plant or a few seeds. Worth a try anyway.

Stone House: http://www.shcn.co.uk
Plant World: http://www.plant-world-seeds.com

Stone House is quite near us and I didn't know of them before so a useful
link, David, so thanks :-) Janet: I see they don't do mail order, so if you
did want seeds from Stone House, let me know and I could get them for you
some time and post them on to you.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through uk.rec.gardening

Old 01-01-2010, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon

Sally Thompson wrote:

Stone House is quite near us and I didn't know of them before so a useful
link, David, so thanks :-) *Janet: I see they don't do mail order, so if you
did want seeds from Stone House, *let me know and I could get them for you
some time and post them on to you.

I've not been for very many years Sally, but it was an interesting
nursery to visit and judging by their on-line lists, probably still
is. Crikey, come to think of it, the last time I went was in their
'early days' and I was still plants manager for Webbs g/c at
Droitwich, which takes us back prior to 1976 :-|
Old 01-01-2010, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2010-01-01 12:45:30 +0000, Dave Poole said:

Sally Thompson wrote:

Stone House is quite near us and I didn't know of them before so a useful
link, David, so thanks :-) *Janet: I see they don't do mail order, so i

f you
did want seeds from Stone House, *let me know and I could get them for

you
some time and post them on to you.

I've not been for very many years Sally, but it was an interesting
nursery to visit and judging by their on-line lists, probably still
is. Crikey, come to think of it, the last time I went was in their
'early days' and I was still plants manager for Webbs g/c at
Droitwich, which takes us back prior to 1976 :-|

By rights, you should by now be bent over at the waist, clutching a
gnarled stick in an equally gnarled fist and talking about 'them
youngsters'. ;-))
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 01-01-2010, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2010-01-01 12:45:30 +0000, Dave Poole said:

Sally Thompson wrote:

Stone House is quite near us and I didn't know of them before so a
useful
link, David, so thanks :-) Janet: I see they don't do mail order, so i

f you
did want seeds from Stone House, let me know and I could get them for

you
some time and post them on to you.

I've not been for very many years Sally, but it was an interesting
nursery to visit and judging by their on-line lists, probably still
is. Crikey, come to think of it, the last time I went was in their
'early days' and I was still plants manager for Webbs g/c at
Droitwich, which takes us back prior to 1976 :-|

By rights, you should by now be bent over at the waist, clutching a
gnarled stick in an equally gnarled fist and talking about 'them
youngsters'. ;-))

Huh! Gimme my stick! I was pushing forty then, and yet to purchase the
smallholding...

--
Rusty
Old 01-01-2010, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2010-01-01 16:45:12 +0000, Rusty Hinge

On 2010-01-01 12:45:30 +0000, Dave Poole said:

Sally Thompson wrote:

[...]

Sounds to me like you'd be happiest with a thumbstick. -) Ray has one
which I bought him some time ago but I don't think he's over-keen on
using it!

Old 01-01-2010, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:

Sounds to me like you'd be happiest with a thumbstick. -) Ray has one
which I bought him some time ago but I don't think he's over-keen on
using it!

I've had a thumbstick since 1956 - 'twas pre-war, and only fairly
recently died.

Now molished another.

--
Rusty
Old 01-01-2010, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2010-01-01 18:17:08 +0000, Rusty Hinge
said:

Sacha wrote:

Sounds to me like you'd be happiest with a thumbstick. -) Ray has one
which I bought him some time ago but I don't think he's over-keen on
using it!

I've had a thumbstick since 1956 - 'twas pre-war, and only fairly
recently died.

Now molished another.

Now, how did I guess that. ;-))

Old 02-01-2010, 12:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2010-01-02 00:08:43 +0000, Rusty Hinge

On 2010-01-01 18:17:08 +0000, Rusty Hinge
said:

Sacha wrote:

Sounds to me like you'd be happiest with a thumbstick. -) Ray has one
which I bought him some time ago but I don't think he's over-keen on
using it!

I've had a thumbstick since 1956 - 'twas pre-war, and only fairly
recently died.

Now molished another.

Now, how did I guess that. ;-))

Dunno I only ever use it when brushing.

;-))
--
Sacha

Old 02-01-2010, 12:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Old 02-01-2010, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2010-01-01 12:45:30 +0000, Dave Poole said:

Sally Thompson wrote:

Stone House is quite near us and I didn't know of them before so a
useful
link, David, so thanks :-) Janet: I see they don't do mail order, so i

f you
did want seeds from Stone House, let me know and I could get them for

you
some time and post them on to you.

I've not been for very many years Sally, but it was an interesting
nursery to visit and judging by their on-line lists, probably still
is. Crikey, come to think of it, the last time I went was in their
'early days' and I was still plants manager for Webbs g/c at
Droitwich, which takes us back prior to 1976 :-|

By rights, you should by now be bent over at the waist, clutching a
gnarled stick in an equally gnarled fist and talking about 'them
youngsters'. ;-))

It would seem, you remember more about me than I thought!(:-)

Alan

Old 02-01-2010, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2010-01-01 12:45:30 +0000, Dave Poole said:

Sally Thompson wrote:

[...]

If only I wasn't talking about Mr Poole. ;-))

--
Sacha

Old 04-01-2010, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article
, Dave
Poole writes
Janet,

You might try Stone House Cottage nursery nr Kidderminster. They had
it a while back and still list it. A slightly longer shot may be Ray
Brown at Plant World Seeds. He does a lot of Lathyrus and although it
isn't listed this year, I'm sure he's had in the past and may be able
to muster up a plant or a few seeds. Worth a try anyway.

Stone House: http://www.shcn.co.uk
Plant World: http://www.plant-world-seeds.com

Thanks David.

Janet