Old 17-01-2010, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default seed suppliers

I'm thinking of trying Edwin Tucker seeds this year for a change and
wondered if anybody has used them and are they successful

Also, anyone know if ther are produced by Tuckers or if they are 'bought
in' from another supplier - if so, who?

I'd be grateful for any opinions.
Ros
Old 17-01-2010, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Ros Butt wrote:
I'm thinking of trying Edwin Tucker seeds this year for a change and
wondered if anybody has used them and are they successful

Yes, for several years. I am very pleased with them, especially for
vegetables (their main range). Amongst other things, they provide
a reasonable number of seeds per packet, whereas most other suppliers
have halved (or quartered) the number, so you have to buy more packets.

Also, anyone know if ther are produced by Tuckers or if they are 'bought
in' from another supplier - if so, who?

There is no way that they are likely to produce their whole range,
and the same is true of virtually all other suppliers.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 18-01-2010, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17 Jan, 10:50, Ros Butt wrote:
I'm thinking of trying Edwin Tucker seeds this year for a change and
wondered if anybody has used them and are they successful

Also, anyone know if ther are produced by Tuckers or if they are 'bought
in' from another supplier - if so, who?

I'd be grateful for any opinions.
Ros

Tuckers are excellent.I have used them for 15 years, spend about £60
annually,and find that their service and range of seeds meets most of
my requirements.I have been growing vegetables for 45 years.
Michael