GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OK to bury cat droppings? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/189214-ok-bury-cat-droppings.html)

graham 23-01-2010 08:13 PM

OK to bury cat droppings?

"Spider" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Part_No" wrote in message
Lazy cat owners should be made to account for their furry pets poos.

How are cat owners lazy?
It is recognised in law that cats cannot be controlled or trained and
their owners are not responsible for what they do. Unlike dogs.

This is quite true, Tina. Nevertheless, I put a lot of effort into
training my cats and it does make a difference. However, I'm aware that I
can't follow them around the road whilst they poop. If I'm in the garden
and see them next door about to poop, then I tell them off. However, I
believe they mainly wee next door and use my garden for their poop, which
suits me fine. I am the kind of responsible cat owner

From what you have written, you are a typically *irresponsible* pet owner!
Graham

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4800 (20100123) __________

http://www.eset.com

'Mike'[_4_] 23-01-2010 08:42 PM

OK to bury cat droppings?

"Part_No" wrote in message
Lazy cat owners should be made to account for their furry pets poos.

How are cat owners lazy?
It is recognised in law that cats cannot be controlled or trained and
their owners are not responsible for what they do. Unlike dogs.

This is quite true, Tina. Nevertheless, I put a lot of effort into
training my cats and it does make a difference. However, I'm aware that I
can't follow them around the road whilst they poop. If I'm in the garden
and see them next door about to poop, then I tell them off. However, I
believe they mainly wee next door and use my garden for their poop, which
suits me fine. I am the kind of responsible cat owner who likes to examine
the poop periodically to check for looseness or worms. I should point out
that I do worm my cats, but when puss decides to eat a worm-infested
mouse, it's got to come out somewhere :~(. I can only hope that doesn't
happen next door when I'm not there to stop it.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London,

'My catS', 'They'

Why do cat owners have to have ownership in multiples?

Possibly because they don't need the attention of dogs? Our dog never
'nipped next door for a wee'. Or ANYTHING

Cat's' should be banned. One if you like, on a lead.

Disgusting things :-((

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

hugh 23-01-2010 10:15 PM

OK to bury cat droppings?

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from ®óñ© © ²°¹° contains these words:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 15:50:49 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

Law Lords don't make laws.

Au contraire. They amend, adjust and tweak virtually every piece of
Government legislation Their adjustments and suggestions are more
often than not incorporated into laws as their scrutiny is usually
more rigorous than that of the lower chamber.

Every amendment, tweak and adjustment has to be approved by both houses
of parliament;
and is therefore their collective responsibility.

There are 12 Law Lords and their function is judicial (appeal
courts) not legislative.

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/u...BpJudicial.pdf

Janet

Were they not replaced by the Supreme Court as of 1st Oct 2009?
--
hugh

Kelly 24-01-2010 04:13 AM

OK to bury cat droppings?

"Part_No" wrote in message
[...]

I have a cat that is trained to go in his box. However, if a cat goes
to the bathroom in a garden, is it okay for the soil and the plants?

Part_No 24-01-2010 10:59 AM

OK to bury cat droppings?

"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

"Part_No" wrote
"Bob Hobden" wrote
"Chris" wrote
Is it OK to bury cat droppings?
Would it be OK under apple trees or gooseberry bushes?

I can't see why not, had an allotment where a neighbour had dozens
of cats and we didn't have a problem. Bury it deep enough so you and
others don't accidentally handle it.
There are possible risks from faeces, horse manure is the biggest
vector of tetanus, but normal sensible hygiene is all that is
required. If you think about it, any risk can't be any worse than
the daily cleaning out of a litter tray.

Cat droppings are the PAIN OF MY LIFE in my garden.

Why??? Birds, insects, small animals constantly foul your garden so
why pick on cats, they at least normally bury their poo and there is a
bonus in that they do something about other pests. (mice, rats,
pigeons...) God forbid you get a fox with cubs in your garden, from
experience on our allotment, they really do know how to destroy stuff.

My next door neighbour's Budgie does not foul my garden---why?(it's
caged)
I can control vermin ie: kill rats,mice,pigeons etc. legally but not a
cat because it is someones 'property'
I don't want cat poo buried in my garden-simple as that-. My kids get it
on their hands and clothes when they try to grow vegetables flowers etc:

I have made a few frames covered with netting to stop them pooing on
my freshly dug ground, and it works, but at sowing time I don't have
enough of them.
If I made enough for all of my areas I would be continually shifting
them, one at a time, for every move I make.

What's wrong with them pooing on your ground, just ignore it.

Read above please

Lazy cat owners should be made to account for their furry pets poos.

As a cat owner I don't understand what is lazy about an owner allowing
their cat out.
I have one, now elderly pedigree cat (19.5), who has never pood
outside, she has always used a tray, even come in to use it, the
other is a young stray and lived feral for a while (under our BBQ) and
he won't consider a tray even though we have constantly tried to
encourage him too.

Cat owners in my opinion own them, and a lazy bunch generally because
they don't need to take them for a walk or they think they as owners are
not responsible for them, but thet ARE responsible for them

Part of the problem is breeders that allow non-pedigree kittens to be
sold/given away before they are 12 weeks old. The organisation in
charge of Pedigree Cats insists they have to be. By that time the
mother will have house trained them and taught them to use a tray and
it will stay with them for life as it has all our pedigree cats.

Perhaps you could start a petition for a new law on that topic. 12
weeks minimum before they leave their mother.

I could not care less about how old they are at any stage in their lives
or when the leave the mother......that is up to the owner who may be
responsible or (usually) otherwise.

I wouldn't hurt a cat or any animal, but the owners!!!!

Cats should be on leads in my opinion as dogs are.

More than a bobs(shilling)worth of my opinion

Dogs and irresponsible owners of; now don't get me on that topic!!!
:-)

Dogs and irresponsible owners of.
You can report the owners and if you have proof of anything illegal then
there are laws to stop/prevent it.(but not cat owners..they are special)

hugh 24-01-2010 01:11 PM

OK to bury cat droppings?

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from hugh ] contains these words:

wrote:

Law Lords don't make laws.

Au contraire. They amend, adjust and tweak virtually every piece of
Government legislation Their adjustments and suggestions are more
often than not incorporated into laws as their scrutiny is usually
more rigorous than that of the lower chamber.

Every amendment, tweak and adjustment has to be approved by both houses
of parliament;
and is therefore their collective responsibility.

There are 12 Law Lords and their function is judicial (appeal
court) not legislative

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/u...BpJudicial.pdf

Janet

Were they not replaced by the Supreme Court as of 1st Oct 2009?

Not replaced; the 12 Justices of the Supreme Court., are the 12
Law Lords.

http://www.supremecourt.gov.uk/about...to-the-uk.html

quote

"The Supreme Court has been established to achieve a complete
separation between the United Kingdom’s senior Judges and the Upper
House of Parliament, emphasising the independence of the Law Lords "
"The Supreme Court’s 12 Justices maintain the highest standards set by
the Appellate Committee, but are now explicitly separate from both
Government and Parliament."

Janet

But if they no longer sit in the House of Lords are they still Lords or
are they now Justices?
--
hugh

®óñ© © ²°¹° 24-01-2010 01:56 PM

OK to bury cat droppings?

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 00:33:27 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Why anyone eats sweetcorn escapes me - it comes out exactly as it goes in.
Tina

It helps to cook it and chew it before swallowing.

(Microwaving is surprisingly good)

--
(¯`·. ®óñ© © ²°¹° .·´¯)

Christina Websell[_2_] 24-01-2010 05:06 PM

OK to bury cat droppings?

"Malcolm" wrote in message

In article , Christina Websell
writes

I'm always surprised there isn't a good crop of maize too.
Why anyone eats sweetcorn escapes me - it comes out exactly as it goes in.

Err, next time you eat some, put your teeth in first - you're meant to
chew it :-)

Yes. I know that.
Sometimes I could slap you, Malcolm, you can be so.. patronising.

Christina Websell[_2_] 24-01-2010 06:42 PM

OK to bury cat droppings?

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message

from Kelly contains these words:

I have a cat that is trained to go in his box. However, if a cat goes
to the bathroom in a garden, is it okay for the soil and the plants?

That depends on what kind of bathroom you have in your garden.

Janet

ROFL!
Tina

K 25-01-2010 04:12 PM

OK to bury cat droppings?

Malcolm writes

The word patronise comes from the Latin "pater" = father. So, as I'm
old enough to be your father........

Now that's interesting, because I assumed Tina was my age, and you're
certainly not old enough to be my father ;-)

--
Kay

K 25-01-2010 06:06 PM

OK to bury cat droppings?

Malcolm writes

In article , K
writes
Malcolm writes

The word patronise comes from the Latin "pater" = father. So, as I'm
old enough to be your father........

Now that's interesting, because I assumed Tina was my age, and you're
certainly not old enough to be my father ;-)

Sure about that, are you?

Not absolutely sure ... but I think I may have met you ;-)

While I couldn't possibly make any such assumption about Tina's age,

Of course you can! Whether it's sensible or polite to do so is another
question, but you can always make assumptions if you wish.

--
Kay

hugh 25-01-2010 07:59 PM

OK to bury cat droppings?

wrote:

[...]

They always were both, and continue to be both. They do "sit " in the
House of Lords but they don't take part when the HOL is voting on
Bills.
When they retire from their judicial posts in the Supreme Court, they
will continue to be Lords and sit in the HOL and will then be eligible
to take part in the HOL's
legislative role .

The separation of the Law Lords judicial role from HOL law-making, is
to ensure the appeal courts' impartiality and independence from
political party and government.

Janet

Hmm Is that 2 second homes and 2 sets of expenses I wonder?
--
hugh

Christina Websell[_2_] 27-01-2010 06:37 PM

OK to bury cat droppings?

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Christina Websell" contains these
words:

"Malcolm" wrote in message

In article , Christina Websell
writes

I'm always surprised there isn't a good crop of maize too.
Why anyone eats sweetcorn escapes me - it comes out exactly as it goes
in.

Err, next time you eat some, put your teeth in first - you're meant to
chew it :-)

Yes. I know that.
Sometimes I could slap you, Malcolm, you can be so.. patronising.

Hard not to, when a grown woman in a gardening group, wonders why
cooked maize doesn't grow.

You are quite right, Janet. I was very, very stupid.
I forgot it was cooked even though I'm all grown-up now. Can you possibly
forgive me?

Tina

Christina Websell[_2_] 28-01-2010 11:49 PM

OK to bury cat droppings?

"Malcolm" wrote in message

In article , K
writes
Malcolm writes

The word patronise comes from the Latin "pater" = father. So, as I'm old
enough to be your father........

Now that's interesting, because I assumed Tina was my age, and you're
certainly not old enough to be my father ;-)

Sure about that, are you?

While I couldn't possibly make any such assumption about Tina's age, as
you have done, there's nothing that says I can't try and flatter her to
make amends! Anyway, discussing the age of ladies on this group is not
something a gentleman would do (cue obvious remark!).

--

Yes, Malcolm, you are probably old enough to be my father, so I excuse you
ducks and runs fast

Tina

Christina Websell[_2_] 28-01-2010 11:57 PM

OK to bury cat droppings?

"K" wrote in message
Malcolm writes

In article , K
writes
Malcolm writes

The word patronise comes from the Latin "pater" = father. So, as I'm old
enough to be your father........

Now that's interesting, because I assumed Tina was my age, and you're
certainly not old enough to be my father ;-)

Sure about that, are you?

Not absolutely sure ... but I think I may have met you ;-)

While I couldn't possibly make any such assumption about Tina's age,

Of course you can! Whether it's sensible or polite to do so is another
question, but you can always make assumptions if you wish.

What I love about about Malcolm is that he is always polite to women, even
if I stir him sometimes.
I'd really like to meet him one day although it's unlikely as I am in the
middle of England and he is on Islay.

Tina

--
Kay