Old 29-01-2010, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default What a lot of ---------

moles there are this year, anyone else ?

kate
Old 29-01-2010, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
moles there are this year, anyone else ?

kate

None here - we had the mole man in last spring - they got the message (:-)
Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 29-01-2010, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Kate Morgan wrote:
moles there are this year, anyone else ?

kate

We had lots of moles at our last house. Trying to keep them at bay was
almost a full time job. Our landlords Jack Russels (we lived on a farm)
were sometimes very useful.

We are now mole free, although our immediate neighbours report having moles.

Regards

Alan
Old 29-01-2010, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
moles there are this year, anyone else ?

kate

No moles here but the worms have made a mess of the lawns. Only
the area covered in the deepest of drifts is still covered in
snow, where it has melted the worm casts are worse than I can
remember.

Mike

Old 29-01-2010, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 29/01/2010 11:31, Kate Morgan wrote:
moles there are this year, anyone else ?

kate

Overrun with the little critters here.
Mole hills popping up in all the lawns and flower beds. Grrrrr!

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.

Old 29-01-2010, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:31:57 -0000, "Kate Morgan"
wrote:

moles there are this year, anyone else ?

kate

Near me are some woods planted in the last 15 years. We were working
there last weekend and noticed a lot of mole hills in the clearings
and in a nearby field where we've never noticed them before.

Pam in Bristol
Old 29-01-2010, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

wrote:
moles there are this year, anyone else ?

kate

Near me are some woods planted in the last 15 years. *We were working
there last weekend and noticed a lot of mole hills in the clearings
and in a nearby field where we've never noticed them before.

Pam in Bristol

I've had 52 since the sanow left us, I think they are making up for
lost time.
David Hill
Old 29-01-2010, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

wrote:
moles there are this year, anyone else ?

kate

Near me are some woods planted in the last 15 years. *We were working
there last weekend and noticed a lot of mole hills in the clearings
and in a nearby field where we've never noticed them before.

Pam in Bristol

I've had 52 since the sanow left us, I think they are making up for
lost time.
David Hill

Or even the SNOW.
David
Old 29-01-2010, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/29/2010 11:31 AM, Kate Morgan wrote:
moles there are this year, anyone else ?

yes, lots. We always get an influx starting in October, but this year
does seem extraordinary.

-E
Old 29-01-2010, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Emery Davis" wrote in message
On 01/29/2010 11:31 AM, Kate Morgan wrote:
moles there are this year, anyone else ?

yes, lots. We always get an influx starting in October, but this year
does seem extraordinary.

Luckily mine have all decided to stay in the paddock none in the garden at
all, famous last words :-)

kate

Old 29-01-2010, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
moles there are this year, anyone else ?

Fortunately I don't suffer, I'm surprised as there are fields at the bottom
of my garden.

My poor friend three miles away has been plagued by them in the past, she
hasn't mentioned them recently, though. It's not the molehills she minds
too much, it's the way they tunnel just under the surface of her lawn so the
roots die.

Tina

Old 29-01-2010, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Kate Morgan" contains these words:

moles there are this year, anyone else ?

kate

We've plenty here. In the field opposite after the snow, I thought the
two horses had spent the whole time near our fence! Then I realised it
was mole hills
Old 29-01-2010, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"RogerT" wrote in message
.uk...
The message
from "Kate Morgan" contains these words:

moles there are this year, anyone else ?

kate

We've plenty here. In the field opposite after the snow, I thought the
two horses had spent the whole time near our fence! Then I realised it
was mole hills

Nevermind, you get good potting compost instead of manure :~)

Spider

Old 30-01-2010, 09:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

moles there are this year, anyone else ?

kate

We've plenty here. In the field opposite after the snow, I thought the
two horses had spent the whole time near our fence! Then I realised it
was mole hills

Nevermind, you get good potting compost instead of manure :~)

Spider

yes I have used that but find it very heavy, must try mixing it with
something to lighten the texture maybe ?

kate

Old 30-01-2010, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/29/2010 08:25 PM, Kate Morgan wrote:

"Emery Davis" wrote in message
On 01/29/2010 11:31 AM, Kate Morgan wrote:
moles there are this year, anyone else ?

yes, lots. We always get an influx starting in October, but this year
does seem extraordinary.

Luckily mine have all decided to stay in the paddock none in the garden
at all, famous last words :-)

kate

Yes, you are treading dangerously! Actually there have been no new
hills over the last few days here, so we may have one in one of the traps.

-E