Old 29-01-2010, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Slighty off topic : Radio 4 Book at Bedtime ID from last year.

Hello,
I had R4 on as background and I heard this wonderful story being
narrated involving gardens, flowers, shrubs and the changing seasons.
It was a first person narrative involving a female who inherits a
country house with large gardens and goes about transforming the area
by planting small trees , plants, shrubs and flowers. The story
unfolds over the coming seasons, years and decades and the listener is
privy to all the developments and changes in the garden over this
time. We are told of the gradual evolution of the garden, the first
fruits to be harvested off the trees, the new species of plants and
flowers which have been introduced and their maturation into the
formation a beautifully picturesque garden and landscape. It was from
last year or the year before. Would anyone have an idea as to the
title and author ?

Thanks !
Old 30-01-2010, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 29 Jan, 13:15, Uncle-C wrote:
[...]

Doesn' anyone out there know how to use Google?
Enter radio 4 book at bedtime and see what you get.
just in case you are still having problems after you click on 2009 you
will get
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qtlx/episodes/2009
Now YOU can go through day by day till you find the item you are
looking for.
David Hill