Old 25-02-2010, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Pruning times

I have various things that need pruning. I know I can look up
the suggested times for doing it and the where/how much/etc, but
would be useful if anyone had any advice taking into account the
current slightly odd weather.

I have the following things to prune, which I was thinking of having
a go at in the next couple of weeks:

* raspberries
* white/black/red currants
* blueberries (never pruned these before!)
* gooseberries
* roses
* a 6 year old cherry tree

I also have a huge mass of winter-flowering jasmine and honeysuckle
up the front of the house, neither of which is doing very well, and
because they both flower at different times (although both very poorly
as they are north-facing!) it's been quite tricky to cut back. I'm
thinking of hacking the whole lot down to a couple of feet and seeing
how well it recovers, but I don't really want to kill it off totally.

Any advice appreciated.

catching fish at meal times... adavisus Ponds 0 19-04-2003 01:56 AM
Hi, saw these thought Some Folks here might find them Usefull in these dry times (url) Root Watering Christopher Australia 0 05-04-2003 06:33 AM
Circulation Times BenignVanilla Ponds 4 05-02-2003 06:52 AM
Circulation Times BenignVanilla Ponds (alternative) 0 04-02-2003 04:28 PM
Old-Growth "War of Words" in New York Times Aozotorp alt.forestry 0 20-12-2002 02:50 PM