Old 19-04-2003, 01:56 AM
adavisus

Default catching fish at meal times...

Simplest, gentlest method I saw work, repeatedly, was to leave a very
large net, in the feeding area, long term. When the fish you want are
feeding, incredibly gently and slow, lift the net... let them dawdle
in and out, don't snatch at them, be veeeery slow to keep the net
still. Once in a while, veeeeery gently lift the net slow to catch a
few with minimum of sharp moves.... in a feeding mood, koi cope quite
comfortable with being netted as long as there is no stress about

Often, when the net is a familiar object, you can catch any fish you
like with minimum stress.

regards, andy
http://www.members.aol.com/abdavisnc/swglist.html

John Rutz wrote in message ...
I desperatly need to cull about 70-80 8-10 inch Koi out of my pond
I have a seine net but last year when I tried to catch the fish to thin
out the population I had no luck in catchin the Koi,

Neem oil, Neem seed meal, Neem coir, coco peat, coir pots, bio compost, rock phosphate, steamed bone meal, Vermiculite [email protected] Plant Biology 0 29-06-2006 05:51 AM
Catching fish NewbieBill Ponds 6 08-04-2004 02:04 PM
re catching fish in large pond John Rutz Ponds 1 19-04-2003 04:44 PM
catching fish in large pond John Rutz Ponds 3 19-04-2003 12:32 AM