Old 27-03-2010, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Since the rains came back

Well the rains came back with a vengance here in coastal South
Wales.we have now just passed the 5 inches of the stuff, and as you
would expect it has seen the return of the mud, but it has also
brought Spring in with a vengance,
The last week has seen Forsythia going from bud to full bloom, the
dafs reaching up to try to catch the rain first and hawthorn is now
starting to show green shoots. The roses rambeling up throughh the
hawthorn hedges are shooting away. The birds are singing their little
heds off in the early morning and the pond has filled with spawn.
What a differance a week makes.
David Hill
Old 27-03-2010, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
, Dave
Hill writes
Well the rains came back with a vengance here in coastal South
Wales.we have now just passed the 5 inches of the stuff, and as you
would expect it has seen the return of the mud, but it has also
brought Spring in with a vengance,
The last week has seen Forsythia going from bud to full bloom, the
dafs reaching up to try to catch the rain first and hawthorn is now
starting to show green shoots. The roses rambeling up throughh the
hawthorn hedges are shooting away. The birds are singing their little
heds off in the early morning and the pond has filled with spawn.
What a differance a week makes.
David Hill

Hope the change in temperature which we are due to experience next week
doesn't freeze the spawn. We're on our second lot - the first lot having
been frozen solid a few weeks ago. Fingers crossed the setback isn't too
severe for the garden! We had chiffchaffs, wrens (which I thought had
been killed by the winter, dunnocks, robins, all four finches
(chaff/green/gold/bull) plus the tits and others all belting out
their finest spring symphony on Thursday plus so much growth coming in
the beds, trees etc.... Anyone know the direct line for prayers to the
weather gods?
--
Gopher .... I know my place!