Old 15-05-2003, 10:44 PM
eddy

Default Cats moved out & the birds came back

My neighbour recently moved with their 2 cats.

with the cats ...
Bird population had fallen right off, very quiet .
Nothing.
then they moved...
within a week word got round and suddenly its busy with all types of
birds.

Old 15-05-2003, 11:20 PM
bnd777

Can you persuade my neighbour to move do you think then not only might we
get birds back the bloomin conifers might go too

Old 16-05-2003, 06:56 AM
Charlie

See, you say that, but in my garden I have a huge amount of bird life
(including many baby's) and I have a cat who catches them regularly. Go
figure.

Charlie.

"eddy" wrote in message
My neighbour recently moved with their 2 cats.

with the cats ...
Bird population had fallen right off, very quiet .
Nothing.
then they moved...
within a week word got round and suddenly its busy with all types of
birds.

---

Old 16-05-2003, 08:08 AM
Aileen Howard

Our poor cat is now 'physically challenged' as he had one leg amputated a
year ago to remove a tumour. He is coping wonderfully and seems very happy,
but of course he can't jump fences and it has slowed him down. I must say
we see many more birds in the garden, as they obviously realise they are
pretty safe now he is a voyeur.

Regards, Aileen

PS I love cats *and* birds

Old 16-05-2003, 09:44 AM

My mothers cat is now blind, but still loves to stalk the birds in the back
garden. She hasn't a hope of catching them tho. However, some birds seem to
recognise the fact that they are safe from her and its quite funny to watch
her crouched down in full view on the grass trying to stalk the birds, by
hearing, that are feeding on the ground a few meters away from her. They
keep an eye on her but until she comes real close, some are not bothered.

- h

Old 16-05-2003, 10:20 AM
Jayne

I have 2 cats & my neighbours have 3. My garden is full of birds all day &
don't get murdered. My neighbour keeps turtle doves, ducks & chickens too.
Some of these birds are wiley - like the Road Runner! Peep! Peep!

;-)
Jayne

Old 16-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Druss

"eddy" wrote in message
My neighbour recently moved with their 2 cats.

with the cats ...
Bird population had fallen right off, very quiet .
Nothing.
then they moved...
within a week word got round and suddenly its busy with all types of
birds.

Yea it's funny, my garden is very well supplied with both birds and cats,
and my neighbours, both, have ample supplies of cats. Yes we get the
occasional casualty, but since I see dozens of dead animals on the way to
work everyday I figure overall I am making a positive contribution to the
number of birds and small mammals in the world.
Duncan

Old 16-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Charlie

Well my cats 14 now, but he still manages to catch the local mouse
population that live in our garage and he finished off quite a few birds.
Such is nature, and I don't mind seeing it happen!

Charlie.

Old 17-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Essjay001

www.hedgeline.org