Old 03-04-2010, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rocket seed

I sowed some two weeks ago when the weather was quite warm and the packet
assured me I could sow them outside in late March.

Nothing showing yet. How long do they take to germinate - or did I sow them
just too early?
I am a first time rocket planter..
Tina

Old 03-04-2010, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Christina Websell wrote:
I sowed some two weeks ago when the weather was quite warm and the packet
assured me I could sow them outside in late March.

Nothing showing yet. How long do they take to germinate - or did I sow them
just too early?
I am a first time rocket planter..

We planted some in a coldframe, and they were doing quite nicely (early
March), but some bloody slug or something has munched right through all
of them and my carrots (but not, oddly, the River Cottage lettuce seeds)
Old 03-04-2010, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Christina Websell wrote:
I sowed some two weeks ago when the weather was quite warm and the packet
assured me I could sow them outside in late March.

Nothing showing yet. How long do they take to germinate - or did I sow them
just too early?
I am a first time rocket planter..
Tina

Should be OK as long as you planted them facing upwards.

--
NASA
Old 03-04-2010, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 18:56:13 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I sowed some two weeks ago when the weather was quite warm and the packet
assured me I could sow them outside in late March.

Nothing showing yet. How long do they take to germinate - or did I sow them
just too early?
I am a first time rocket planter.

It's not lettuce science, you know

--
(¯`·. ®óñ© © ²°¹° .·´¯)
Old 03-04-2010, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
I sowed some two weeks ago when the weather was quite warm and the packet
assured me I could sow them outside in late March.

Nothing showing yet. How long do they take to germinate - or did I sow
them just too early?
I am a first time rocket planter..
Tina

Should be OK as long as you planted them facing upwards.

hard smack
How long to germinate?

Old 03-04-2010, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I sowed some two weeks ago when the weather was quite warm and the packet
assured me I could sow them outside in late March.

Nothing showing yet. How long do they take to germinate - or did I sow
them
just too early?
I am a first time rocket planter.

It's not lettuce science, you know

Now "that" did make me smile
Tina

Old 03-04-2010, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Rusty Hinge wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
I sowed some two weeks ago when the weather was quite warm and the
packet assured me I could sow them outside in late March.

Nothing showing yet. How long do they take to germinate - or did I
sow them just too early?
I am a first time rocket planter..
Tina

Should be OK as long as you planted them facing upwards.

That's scientific. It isn't brain surgery, though.

--
Mike.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Rusty Hinge wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
I sowed some two weeks ago when the weather was quite warm and the
packet assured me I could sow them outside in late March.

Nothing showing yet. How long do they take to germinate - or did I
sow them just too early?
I am a first time rocket planter..
Tina

Should be OK as long as you planted them facing upwards.

That's scientific. It isn't brain surgery, though.

--
Mike.

Nor is it Rocket science :^)

Bill