Old 27-04-2010, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mystery Plant ID? +Picture

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 17:23:36 +0100, "Ian B"
wrote:

I realised I could overcome the picture problem, partially, by doing a
drawing, so here it is. It's a fairly close approximation; the leaves get
darker as they go down the stem.

http://img203.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_461lo.jpg

Ian

Excellent drawing, as good as any photo.
Common name "mole plant". GQT some years ago said it was wrongly
thought to deter moles in the ground, but Bob Flowerdew said that the
sap was used to treat moles on the skin.

Pam in Bristol
Old 27-04-2010, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I realised I could overcome the picture problem, partially, by doing
a drawing, so here it is. It's a fairly close approximation; the
leaves get darker as they go down the stem.

http://img203.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_461lo.jpg

Ian

Excellent drawing, as good as any photo.
Common name "mole plant". GQT some years ago said it was wrongly
thought to deter moles in the ground, but Bob Flowerdew said that the
sap was used to treat moles on the skin.

Thanks, I had to go out and draw it on paper, then come indoors and copy it
again in Photoshop, so I'm qute pleased it was recognisable at all!

Ian

Old 27-04-2010, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I realised I could overcome the picture problem, partially, by doing
a drawing, so here it is. It's a fairly close approximation; the
leaves get darker as they go down the stem.

http://img203.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_461lo.jpg

Ian

Excellent drawing, as good as any photo.
Common name "mole plant". GQT some years ago said it was wrongly
thought to deter moles in the ground, but Bob Flowerdew said that the
sap was used to treat moles on the skin.

Thanks, I had to go out and draw it on paper, then come indoors and
copy it again in Photoshop, so I'm qute pleased it was recognisable
at all!

Yes, a nice drawing. Here's the Wikipee version:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mole_plant

--
Mike.