Old 30-04-2010, 10:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking

Default I just want to say, "Hi"

On Apr 30, 2:32*pm, "Unbeliever" wrote:
J G Miller wrote:
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 12:06:06 +0000, Jobbo wrote:

Hello everyone. I'm a mental defective.

You are not permitted to use such a negative, denigratory, malicious
term.

It seems ok to me!

The politically correct designations is "mentally challenged".

Typical statement of today's "fudge it and scarper" obfuscation brigade - in
my day, he'd simply be called by the correct term -- a nutcase!

Have you considered joining a support group of like minded people
to share your experience in a positive and fulfilling manner?

He has, it's called Usenet!

Please don't post in my group again unless you have a decent recipe
for a sloppy joe.
Old 30-04-2010, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking

J G Miller wrote:
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 12:06:06 +0000, Jobbo wrote:

Hello everyone. I'm a mental defective.

You are not permitted to use such a negative, denigratory, malicious
term.

It seems ok to me!

The politically correct designations is "mentally challenged".

Typical statement of today's "fudge it and scarper" obfuscation
brigade - in my day, he'd simply be called by the correct term -- a
nutcase!

Have you considered joining a support group of like minded people
to share your experience in a positive and fulfilling manner?

He has, it's called Usenet!

Please don't post in my group again unless you have a decent recipe
for a sloppy joe.

Your wish is my command oh wise one -- although I must admit to running a
quick google for it! ROTFL

Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 37 minutes
Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds ground chuck or round
1/2 pound ground bulk pork sausage
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons grill seasoning for beef, such as Weber's Gourmet Burger
Seasoning or a Steak Seasoning Blend
Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation:
In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the ground beef and pork sausage
with the onion, celery, and bell pepper until the ground meats are no longer
pink. Add ketchup, barbecue sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and
seasonings. Bring to a simmer and turn to low. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15
minutes.

Slice the buns in half and grill or toast.

Spoon the meat mixture over the split toasted buns.
Serves 4 to 6

Can I come in and play now?

Unbeliever

Old 30-04-2010, 10:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking

J G Miller wrote:
[...]

Wrong! Everyone knows you don't us any grill seasoning in a decent
sloppy joe. Note, I said "decent" not indecent. God...you Brits are
something else.
Old 30-04-2010, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking

J G Miller wrote:
[...]

Well to us Brits, a sloppy joe is something you wear and not eat!

But I suppose if I ate minced beef between a couple of pieces of bread - I
*WOULD* be wearing it! ;-)

Bloody hell though, you don't half remind me of "Hawkeye" in M.A.S.H.

Unbeliever

Old 30-04-2010, 11:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking

In article ,
Unbeliever wrote:
Chemo the Clown wrote:

Wrong! Everyone knows you don't us any grill seasoning in a decent
sloppy joe. Note, I said "decent" not indecent. God...you Brits are
something else.

Well to us Brits, a sloppy joe is something you wear and not eat!

As I am doing now, and do for most of the year.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 30-04-2010, 11:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking

J G Miller wrote:
[...]

Nah! Henry Blake - Colonel to you BTW! LOL.

I must admit I read the book, saw the film and a large part of the
television series, and it far outstrips most of the stuff produced today -
either in the 'states or the UK

Unbeliever

Just popping to say hello wafflycat United Kingdom 22 29-04-2009 01:21 PM
I just want to say sljlt Gardening 2 10-03-2008 10:26 PM
do not want to loose a soil but want to grow vegetables on the slope. Mark Gardening 3 02-06-2006 02:04 AM
do not want to loose a soil but want to grow vegetables on the slope. Mark Gardening 0 01-06-2006 07:04 PM
do not want to loose a soil but want to grow vegetables on the slope. Mark Gardening 0 01-06-2006 07:04 PM