Old 05-06-2010, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Powdery Mildew?

I have a privett/laurel hedge and the laurel has white powder on the leaves,
have done a internet search and come to the conclusion that it's probably
powdery mildew. There doesn't seem to be any comercial sprays for this
problem (or am I looking in the wrong place) but there are many - your - own
recipies for spraying the leaves, these seem to be variations on quantities
of baking soda and liquid soap. Anyone know if these work or can put me on
to a comercially available spray. Thanks.
..

Old 05-06-2010, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

g'day david,

not sure about p.m on a perrenial type shrub but!

for me in the vege garden i fnd good drainage helps the plants roots
to be healthier thus a healthy plant and less chance of p.m also full
sun and breezy position help as does not watering the foliage, so with
this i get very little p.m.

there is a suggestion for using milk sprayed on the plants to conrol
p.m we have suggested recipe on our remedies page:

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/hintsNtips.htm

might be other suggestions there i can't recall?

keep us updated

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 16:26:29 +0100, "David D"
wrote:

snipped
--

Matthew 25:13 KJV
"Watch therefore, for ye know neither

Mark 13:33 "Take ye heed, watch and pray:
for ye know not when the time is".

len

With peace and brightest of blessings,

"Be Content With What You Have And