Old 28-06-2010, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plastic tool shed

Hi! Does anyone have a plastic tool shed? I recently bought one from Homebase
and unfortunately it leaks when it rains.
The doors do not seal against the main container when shut.
Has anyone had this problem or I have i constructed it incorrectly?

Help!!

Ann

Old 28-06-2010, 01:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28/06/2010 09:22, Ann Lancing wrote:

Hi! Does anyone have a plastic tool shed? I recently bought one from
Homebase and unfortunately it leaks when it rains.
The doors do not seal against the main container when shut.
Has anyone had this problem or I have i constructed it incorrectly?

Our's are full of bugs (spiders, clipshears etc), but there is no direct
rain or anything like that. They are (at least on our ones) rather a
loose fit (wouldn't say it was air tight or anything like that) when
slightly over loaded the walls bulge out so the doors let wind in, but
built as per instructions and not over filled they should keep out the
worst of the weather, even if they are not exactly air tight. Did you
put the optional( supposedly but we found necessary) snib on the non
locking door?
Old 28-06-2010, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
reg reg is offline

"Ann Lancing" wrote in message

Hi! Does anyone have a plastic tool shed? I recently bought one from
Homebase and unfortunately it leaks when it rains.
The doors do not seal against the main container when shut.
Has anyone had this problem or I have i constructed it incorrectly?

Help!!

Ann

I bought one from Homebase recently as well & not had any problems, but then
we havn't had much rain. Is the base that its sat on flat, the doors might
not be shutting square.

is it a Keter shed http://www.keter.com/ as the only problem I had was a
missing plastic bolt. emailed them & they sent one straight out foc, superb
customer service.

Old 29-06-2010, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ann Lancing" wrote in message

Hi! Does anyone have a plastic tool shed? I recently bought one from
Homebase and unfortunately it leaks when it rains.
The doors do not seal against the main container when shut.
Has anyone had this problem or I have i constructed it incorrectly?

Help!!

Ann

Just a shot in the dark - are you sure it is leaking rain OR is it
condensation.

I've heard it said that plastic or plastic coated metal sheds do suffer from
condensation problems.

Bill

Old 04-07-2010, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , reg writes
I bought one from Homebase recently as well & not had any problems, but then
we havn't had much rain. Is the base that its sat on flat, the doors might
not be shutting square.

is it a Keter shed http://www.keter.com/ as the only problem I had was a
missing plastic bolt. emailed them & they sent one straight out foc, superb
customer service.

I wanted one to store my bike and some gardening tools but they all seem
too tall. Don't need the height to be 6ft! Couldn't find any on the
Keter site but I know there must be some.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph