Old 04-08-2010, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Lots of rain!

It would appear we are getting the missing "June and July" rain today.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote
It would appear we are getting the missing "June and July" rain today.

We've barely had a sprinkling here, so far.

--
Sue

Old 04-08-2010, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Sue wrote:
It would appear we are getting the missing "June and July" rain today.

We've barely had a sprinkling here, so far.

Where's that? In London we had a single flash of lightning and a short
downpour, but at home (Essex) apparently it was quite torential!
Old 04-08-2010, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote
We've barely had a sprinkling here, so far.

Where's that? In London we had a single flash of lightning and a
short downpour, but at home (Essex) apparently it was quite torential!

SW Norfolk. I dug up a few potatoes about an hour ago and the soil was
still dry as dust underneath.

--
Sue

Old 04-08-2010, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 04/08/2010 15:32, wrote:
It would appear we are getting the missing "June and July" rain today.

Only 3 mm here. :-(

Still in drought conditions.

--
David in Normandy.

by a filter and not reach my inbox.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
It would appear we are getting the missing "June and July" rain today.

About ten minutes worth here in Windsor!

Alan

Old 04-08-2010, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 08/04/2010 08:03 PM, David in Normandy wrote:
On 04/08/2010 15:32, wrote:
It would appear we are getting the missing "June and July" rain today.

Only 3 mm here. :-(

Still in drought conditions.

You said it. A couple of drops, but soil is dry as dry.

-E
Old 05-08-2010, 08:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 04/08/2010 15:32, wrote:
It would appear we are getting the missing "June and July" rain today.

Only 3 mm here. :-(

Still in drought conditions.

You said it. A couple of drops, but soil is dry as dry.

-E

I keep seeing rain on the TV forecasts for here but it keeps missing and

Part of the problem is there's never anything forecast beyond "rares
averses" which as you say misses. Where are the big rain storms from
the Atlantic? We've gotten some westerly winds, finally...

going either side. Unless there is some serious rain soon I think the
farmers are going to be struggling with their crops. My veg plot would

The farmers I talk to here south of you are cooked for this year. No
corn. The wheat is not high enough for the harvesters to cut -- and
it's pretty hard to feel sorry for a French wheat farmer, let me tell
you! (They'll get the losses back from the government or Europe).

have been dead this year had it not been for pumping water from the well
now and then to keep it alive.

Just got the garden pump back from the shop, it had blown a condenser.
But the well is dry, no help there. We've also got town water, I
notice that the pressure is low and there's a lot of air in the pipes.
I've had to water some shrubs and trees just to keep them alive, though.

-E