Old 16-09-2010, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Peak Smooth Grey Slabs

I had some slabs from a friend, they are pretty solid - but
to continue the garden work I started buying the Peak Grey
slabs, which look great at first. Unfortunately I can't get them
clean from the rain, it seems hard-soaked into the slabs, despite
trying rather expensive cleaners. Have a sealer ready, which I
only learned off long after laying them, but is there any way
to get them back to good looking? Wish I'd chosen the more costly
slabs now, Peak Riven, I think they're called. Brownish.

Old 16-09-2010, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Desireless wrote:
I had some slabs from a friend, they are pretty solid - but
to continue the garden work I started buying the Peak Grey
slabs, which look great at first. Unfortunately I can't get them
clean from the rain, it seems hard-soaked into the slabs, despite
trying rather expensive cleaners. Have a sealer ready, which I
only learned off long after laying them, but is there any way
to get them back to good looking? Wish I'd chosen the more costly
slabs now, Peak Riven, I think they're called. Brownish.

Try posting in uk.d-i-y There is a wealth of expertise there. There is
also a website which I think is pavingexpert.co.uk which is a mine of
information

Malcolm
Old 16-09-2010, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Desireless" wrote ...
I had some slabs from a friend, they are pretty solid - but
to continue the garden work I started buying the Peak Grey
slabs, which look great at first. Unfortunately I can't get them
clean from the rain, it seems hard-soaked into the slabs, despite
trying rather expensive cleaners. Have a sealer ready, which I
only learned off long after laying them, but is there any way
to get them back to good looking? Wish I'd chosen the more costly
slabs now, Peak Riven, I think they're called. Brownish.

Confused! Are you saying that concrete has soaked into the slabs? If so I
don't know how you could salvage them. Or are you saying the rain has marked
them? If so take them back and complain, unfit for purpose.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 16-09-2010, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Malcolm" wrote in message ...
Desireless wrote:
I had some slabs from a friend, they are pretty solid - but
to continue the garden work I started buying the Peak Grey
slabs, which look great at first. Unfortunately I can't get them
clean from the rain, it seems hard-soaked into the slabs, despite
trying rather expensive cleaners. Have a sealer ready, which I
only learned off long after laying them, but is there any way
to get them back to good looking? Wish I'd chosen the more costly
slabs now, Peak Riven, I think they're called. Brownish.

Try posting in uk.d-i-y There is a wealth of expertise there. There is also a website which I
think is pavingexpert.co.uk which is a mine of information

Malcolm

I will do, thank you!

Old 16-09-2010, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Desireless" wrote in message
I had some slabs from a friend, they are pretty solid - but
to continue the garden work I started buying the Peak Grey
slabs, which look great at first. Unfortunately I can't get them
clean from the rain,

I clean all my slabs with bleach that gets rid of all the staining. Test a
corner first though.

Mike

Old 16-09-2010, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message ...

"Desireless" wrote ...
I had some slabs from a friend, they are pretty solid - but
to continue the garden work I started buying the Peak Grey
slabs, which look great at first. Unfortunately I can't get them
clean from the rain, it seems hard-soaked into the slabs, despite
trying rather expensive cleaners. Have a sealer ready, which I
only learned off long after laying them, but is there any way
to get them back to good looking? Wish I'd chosen the more costly
slabs now, Peak Riven, I think they're called. Brownish.

Confused! Are you saying that concrete has soaked into the slabs? If so I don't know how you could
salvage them. Or are you saying the rain has marked them? If so take them back and complain, unfit
for purpose.

Sorry, I should have made that clearer - there are dark marks
randomly over the slabs where the rain has got in.

Actually, I'll get a screenshot available at the weekend.

Old 16-09-2010, 11:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Desireless wrote:
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message ...

"Desireless" wrote ...
[...]

This is probably the first question uk.d-i-y will ask

Malcolm