Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2010, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Would this composting idea give me problems?

I have a friend with a yard that has become very heavily overgrown with
brambles and ivy. I have this idea of clearing it for him within the next
couple of weeks. My idea is to shred the brambles and ivy, and then spread
the resulting chippings over my own back garden which has rather poor soil.
Due to the volume of material, it would probably give me a surface coating
2 or 3 " deep. I'm guessing that this would rot down over the course of the
winter and improve my soil.

My main question is: Is this likely to result in problems for me in the
form of brambles and ivy springing up all over my garden in the future?

Thank you,

Al