Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-10-2010, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hedgehog. A tale of woe.

A few days ago I decided to turn over some copost, a job I hate but we have
to do it.

On Saturday one of my neighbours asked me to temporarily move the heap so
he could have sone elbow room to point up his garage, guess what I did.
Stabbed a hedgehog behind its front leg with my fork.

I thought it too early for hibernation in mid October.

Anyway we all panicked a bit and daughter tried ringing her vet but its
Saturday afternoon and they are closed. Neighbours wife found a number for
the RSPCA.
Monday daughter rings her vet because RSPCA has not shown and vet rings
RSPCA to find out when they will attend and they say "sometime today" so no
need to get another vets bill.

Today is Wednesday and the RSPCA have graced us with their appearance.
Sadly he or she died and probably in great pain early on Tuesday morning.

He tried to bollo*k us for wasting his time for christs sake.

If my daughter was not so small he would have had one on the chin.

Baz

More berries mean a hard winter - old wives tale? David W.E. Roberts United Kingdom 45 18-04-2004 06:00 AM
"Tale of Woe"... suggestions? BTC/TAK on ACK Ponds 39 18-02-2004 01:32 PM
A tale of two Walmart String Trimmers Jim Gilliland Lawns 3 12-08-2003 04:43 PM
Woe is me Chookie Australia 1 26-05-2003 10:21 AM
another bagged rose tale, and question about Christian Dior sub-strains torgo Roses 0 16-03-2003 09:44 PM