Old 16-10-2010, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default nerine sarniensis

Has anyone had a chance to visit fhe Rothschild exhibition of Nerine
Sarniensis at Exbury Gardens. If you're interested it's a wonderful
display and on during October. I went with an AGS group on Friday and
had a private showing by Mr Nicholas Rothschild!!!

I think you can look it up at www.nerines.com

Pam in Bristol

Yes. Went with the South African Bulb Group on the 8th. Very
impressive, but I'm not sure I could tell the subtle differences between
many of them. Lot's of other interesting stuff in the large greenhouse,
too.

It was shown on Meridian TV last Friday. Nicholas de Rothschild is a
true enthusiast of these colourful bulbs.

--

Jeff

I think you can look it up at www.nerines.com

Pam in Bristol

Yes. Went with the South African Bulb Group on the 8th. Very
impressive, but I'm not sure I could tell the subtle differences between
many of them. Lot's of other interesting stuff in the large greenhouse,
too.

It was shown on Meridian TV last Friday. Nicholas de Rothschild is a
true enthusiast of these colourful bulbs.

yes we heard that the variety named Alan Titchmarsh had been shown on
Meridian. We were not in that TV area! You're right, how they tell
the difference is beyond me, but I must say, AT was very beautiful.
Apparently he saw the display, saw this particular pink one, and said
"WOW" so loudly that they named it for him. Or so the story goes!

Pam in Bristol