Old 02-11-2010, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default shipping weight resolution

I suppose this shows it's right to complain, sometimes.

The nursery manager tracked down all the information in the system, and
responded that the original wait-listed order from 2008 had specified
trucked delivery, which combined with several over-sized plants that had
already been slated to go prior to my more recent instructions caused it
to be sent out by truck.

However he acknowledged my instructions had not been followed and as a
result offered to split the cost of the shipping.

To my mind this is quite fair, as there were several taller plants, and
the total cost to me will be only marginally more than if all had
shipped by post in several packages.

In regards to the shipping weight he said the total is weighed on
calibrated scales verified biannually by govt inspectors. So I guess
the pallet was quite heavy.

All in all a satisfying result.

cheers,

-E
Old 02-11-2010, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Emery Davis wrote in news:8jaa1rFkmU1
@mid.individual.net:

[...]

I have not read the full thread here but I take it that you have ordered
some goods and have paid the shipping costs to the vendor?

If the vendor of the goods has charged you shipping then it is up to that
vendor to make sure the goods you have ordered arrive as described.

You should not have any contact with the shipper.

Your contract is with the vendor and if the vendor fails to deliver their
goods as described to you then they are the ones responsible.

If however you have made your own arrangements for shipping then
arbitration between the three parties is not neccessary.

As the purchaser, you should contact:

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/aft...ing-complaint/

And make them suffer.

Baz
Old 02-11-2010, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Baz wrote in
:

[...]

Sorry, wrong thread I got mixed up
Baz