Old 07-11-2010, 08:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Victimising Grey Squirrels

"Judith in France" wrote in message

Good post Pete, I get amused people who say they have an extensive
killfile and then quote the people they claim to have killfiled, they
look so silly.

Thanks for that.

It also defeats the objective of the killfile system when non- killfiled
people quote messages from posters
that other people killfile.

The best form of killfile is simply non-response to inappropriate material.

Bad language is my pet hate- one polite telling off only and on any
repetition, they die!
One does of course, have to take care not to quote the offensive words
oneself, in the process (:-(

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 07-11-2010, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

Killfiles are useful for removing China copy brandname adverts and long
demented rants by the likes of EdConman, GravityMechanic and MI5Nutter.
Some groups these days would be totally unreadable if you did not
killfile the entirety of @gmail.com - too bad for any real posters.

Since this guy seems to be intent on trashing uk.rec.gardens with off
topic posts he will be in mine fairly soon.

Regards,
Martin Brown- Hide quoted text -

But as far as I can see if you use Google to access the group then you
have no acces to a kill file.
I wonder where we stand on Black Squirrels, they are spreading
steadily.
Lastly you have to feel sorry for a person who has nothing better with
his time than to post over 26000 items to groups.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 7, 7:28*pm, Dave Hill wrote:
Killfiles are useful for removing China copy brandname adverts and long
demented rants by the likes of EdConman, GravityMechanic and MI5Nutter.
Some groups these days would be totally unreadable if you did not
killfile the entirety of @gmail.com - too bad for any real posters.

Since this guy seems to be intent on trashing uk.rec.gardens with off
topic posts he will be in mine fairly soon.

Regards,
Martin Brown- Hide quoted text -

But as far as I can see if you use Google to access the group then you
have no acces to a kill file.

Wrong:
http://www.penney.org/ggkiller.html

Old 07-11-2010, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 7, 7:28*pm, Dave Hill wrote:

But as far as I can see if you use Google to access the group then you
have no acces to a kill file.

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.re...c549b80632d491

?????????????
Old 08-11-2010, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message

Killfiles are useful for removing China copy brandname adverts and long
demented rants by the likes of EdConman, GravityMechanic and MI5Nutter.
Some groups these days would be totally unreadable if you did not
killfile the entirety of @gmail.com - too bad for any real posters.

Since this guy seems to be intent on trashing uk.rec.gardens with off
topic posts he will be in mine fairly soon.

Regards,
Martin Brown- Hide quoted text -

But as far as I can see if you use Google to access the group then you
have no acces to a kill file.
I wonder where we stand on Black Squirrels, they are spreading
steadily.
Lastly you have to feel sorry for a person who has nothing better with
his time than to post over 26000 items to groups.

Why use google to read groups when you can have news.individual.net for 10
euros/year that cuts out most of the cr+p before you see it?
Tina

Old 09-11-2010, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 08/11/2010 22:27, Christina Websell wrote:
"Dave wrote in message

Killfiles are useful for removing China copy brandname adverts and long
demented rants by the likes of EdConman, GravityMechanic and MI5Nutter.
Some groups these days would be totally unreadable if you did not
killfile the entirety of @gmail.com - too bad for any real posters.

Since this guy seems to be intent on trashing uk.rec.gardens with off
topic posts he will be in mine fairly soon.

But as far as I can see if you use Google to access the group then you
have no acces to a kill file.

The service has been horribly devalued by the fact that they archive all
the forged Chinese copy brandname spam. Increasingly it gets harder and
harder to find old distantly remembered Usenet posts.

I wonder where we stand on Black Squirrels, they are spreading
steadily.
Lastly you have to feel sorry for a person who has nothing better with
his time than to post over 26000 items to groups.

Why use google to read groups when you can have news.individual.net for 10
euros/year that cuts out most of the cr+p before you see it?

Or Teranews which for text only groups is a one time payment of ISTR $5.
AOIE is free but is in many peoples killfile same as Google gmail.

There is stil a window where the junk is on the server and the third
party cancels have not yet caught up with them where you do sometimes
see flooding if your are connected at the wrong time.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 09-11-2010, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave wrote in message

[...]

I rarely see spam on newsgroups and only once a flood. I emailed N.i.n.
about the flood and they replied that they'd seen it already and were
removing it.
That's what I like about n.i.n. you can email them and a real person will
reply within a few minutes.
I was a bit cross when my ISP stopped supporting newsgroups but have never
regretted paying 10 euros/year for news.individual.net. since then.
Tina

Old 11-11-2010, 03:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

(Joseph Blewewtt) wrote in
news:1jrjs7m.1jt6k7y2d9l49N%joe_blewwett@fastmail. com:

Preserve wildlife. Pickle a squirrel.

Joe