Old 30-04-2003, 11:34 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default Help! Mystery Wisteria muncher

"Anne wrote in message
For the first time this year our Wisteria (Purple Patches) is finally
threatening to flower. I have been measuring the developing racemes daily.
(sad person that I am);0) However this afternoon to my horror I see that

the
longest of these (still green and about10cm long) appears to have been
stripped of all but the terminal florets. Sorry i don't really have the
vocab for this but I am trying....

So, what eats Wisteria flowers and what can i do to prevent it please?

Well if you lived in this area I would suggest those pretty Surrey parrots,
actually Ringed Necked Parakeets. They strip the leaves and flowers off lots
of plants.

Parked under a conker tree the other week and when I came back the car was
covered in new shoots/flowers of the tree, strange I thought , then I looked
up and there they were, neatly nipping off all the shoots. One clap from me
and away they went with a lot of noise.

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.

Wisteria Help Tony D United Kingdom 10 01-07-2008 04:43 PM
help needed: sick wisteria pimpa Bonsai 2 17-03-2008 12:43 PM
need help for sick wisteria pimpa Bonsai 2 10-09-2006 11:12 PM
Mystery Weed Identified, new mystery weed, Central Ohio Ron Hardin Plant Science 5 21-04-2006 11:23 PM
help with wisteria, please? Klara United Kingdom 4 15-09-2004 04:02 PM