Old 16-12-2010, 09:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Not really OT ...................

............ LITTER

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20101216...m-6323e80.html

Why should the councils pay? Would it not be better to train the public to
use litter bins or take their rubbish home with them?

A Take-Away, a Can of Beer/Coke, a packets of cancer sticks, a packet of
chewing gum etc etc etc are 'precious' items and warrant being carried
either in the pocket, bag or hand whilst full/serviceable, possibly for
quite some distance. How come it HAS to be dropped as soon as it is empty?

I was walking into a pedestrian precinct one day and a lady sitting on a
seat ahead of me dropped something, "Excuse me, you have dropped something"
I told her when I got level . (I had seen what it was). 'Oh it's rubbish'
(It was a chocolate bar wrapper), "Well don't you think it would be better
in the rubbish bin at the end of the seat you are sitting on?" She picked it
up and put it in the bin.

Youth of today? No I am sorry to say someone my age.

Mike

Today, is the tomorrow, you were worrying about, yesterday.

Old 16-12-2010, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 16/12/2010 09:02, 'Mike' wrote:
........... LITTER

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20101216...m-6323e80.html

Why should the councils pay? Would it not be better to train the public to
use litter bins or take their rubbish home with them?

A Take-Away, a Can of Beer/Coke, a packets of cancer sticks, a packet of
chewing gum etc etc etc are 'precious' items and warrant being carried
either in the pocket, bag or hand whilst full/serviceable, possibly for
quite some distance. How come it HAS to be dropped as soon as it is empty?

My simple solution would be to levy full VAT on all fast food outlets
for take aways. Our village has an inordinate amount of rubbish added to
the verges by people sat in parked cars eating their lunch McDonalds
burger on the country lane. The nearest outlet is nearly 20 miles away.
Almost all of them drop their litter out of the car window

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 16-12-2010, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
On 16/12/2010 09:02, 'Mike' wrote:
[...]

That will only put the price up.

The answer is, in my opinion, to train the people. They 'nursed' those meals
for 20 miles. Why not 'nurse' the empty carton until home and put it in the
dustbin?

I was following a van the other day when a can was flung out of the
passenger window and into the hedge. How long before that rots?

Doggie Owners :-)) Don't you just love the stupid pratts who pick up their
doggie mess in a placcie bag and lob it under the nearest hedge :-(( How
long before the placcie bag biodegrades?

Old 16-12-2010, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 16/12/2010 09:02, 'Mike' wrote:
[...]

We have that almost every day, the buggers are to lazy to wait until they
are near a waste bin!

Alan

Regards,
Martin Brown