Old 03-01-2011, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default They Didn't Forecast More Snow!

Here in central South Wales (a bit inland from Porthcawl) it's been
snowing fairly heavily for about half an hour (it's now 11.45 am) and
settling nicely. Here we go again?
Old 03-01-2011, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 11:48:56 +0000, Jake
wrote:

Here in central South Wales (a bit inland from Porthcawl) it's been
snowing fairly heavily for about half an hour (it's now 11.45 am) and
settling nicely. Here we go again?

We had hail last night that has turned everything white again, just two
days
after the last of the snow had melted.
--

The last of your snow has melted!! My lawn is still part covered and we have
had no more since about 21st Dec.

Mike

Old 03-01-2011, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jan 3, 11:48*am, Jake wrote:
Here in central South Wales (a bit inland from Porthcawl) it's been
snowing fairly heavily for about half an hour (it's now 11.45 am) and
settling nicely. Here we go again?

God is punishing you for being Welsh. :-) No recent snow here. All
has melted. Getting colder again. Hereford.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Jake
writes
Here in central South Wales (a bit inland from Porthcawl) it's been
snowing fairly heavily for about half an hour (it's now 11.45 am) and
settling nicely.

It was snowing just a little here around 2pm in Coleshill/Amersham on
our walk this afternoon, Not much though and soon stopped but sky looked
ominous and it appears to be getting colder again. Water was frozen in
bird bath this morning.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 03-01-2011, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Jake
writes
Here in central South Wales (a bit inland from Porthcawl) it's been
snowing fairly heavily for about half an hour (it's now 11.45 am) and
settling nicely.

It was snowing just a little here around 2pm in Coleshill/Amersham on our
walk this afternoon, Not much though and soon stopped but sky looked
ominous and it appears to be getting colder again. Water was frozen in
bird bath this morning.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

Water in the ground based bird bath fine, but a fine film of ice on the
smaller bird bath on the Victorian Chimbly pot

(Daughter's pond completely clear of ice)

South East part of the Isle of Wight

Mike
(Happy New Year to all of my followers ;-))

Today, is the tomorrow, you were worrying about, yesterday.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 08:35:19 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

On Jan 3, 11:48*am, Jake wrote:
Here in central South Wales (a bit inland from Porthcawl) it's been
snowing fairly heavily for about half an hour (it's now 11.45 am) and
settling nicely. Here we go again?

God is punishing you for being Welsh. :-) No recent snow here. All
has melted. Getting colder again. Hereford.

Aaaaw! You're just jealous as you're only just over the wrong side of
the border of God's own country ;-)

The snow stopped falling suddenly mid afternoon and equally suddenly
it got very cold. The snow on the car has turned to ice. It was
interesting how the BBC changed the weather forecasts on their
website. If they are to be believed we'll now have rain tomorrow and
getting up early to go to work won't mean having to scrape the windows
of the car and hoping the gritters have done the roads.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Here in central South Wales (a bit inland from Porthcawl) it's been
snowing fairly heavily for about half an hour (it's now 11.45 am) and
settling nicely. Here we go again?

The weather is going to be horrible all the way through to the end of
March.
Just a guess, but have been told we're going to have more bad weather
in Jan and Feb so it seems a shame to miss March out.
--
http://www.bra-and-pants.com
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk
Old 05-01-2011, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-01-05 14:25:35 +0000, mogga said:

The weather is going to be horrible all the way through to the end of
March.
Just a guess, but have been told we're going to have more bad weather
in Jan and Feb so it seems a shame to miss March out.

Does anyone recall that the pundits forecast a mild winter...... ;-))

Yes. If anyone believes either the medium- or long-term forecasts,
I have this bridge for sale, going cheap ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.