Old 08-02-2011, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hyacinth Bulbs - arrgh!

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 18:10:04 -0000, "Bill Grey"
wrote:

Further Googling has turned up this--

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=C...20Itch&f=false

It shows a page with a paragraph on Hyacinths.

It's one hell of a long link !

Bill

Tinyurl is your friend http://tinyurl.com/

Converts it to http://tinyurl.com/5wck5cz

--

Chris

Thanks Chris - nice to know.

Regards,

Bill

Old 09-02-2011, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
Bill Grey wrote:
I Googled "Allergic reaction to Hyacinth Bulbs" and found several
interesting articles - too many to quote.

Oh I know /what/ it is. I get it every time. But the advise of 'wear
gloves' doesn't work! I had gloves on, i didn't touch them!!

Had a bath now and I /still/ feel itchy! :-(

(particularly seemed to be a problem because it was windy, and I seemed to
get particularly itchy where my hair blew into my face)

May I suggest you stop growing hyacinths if you are allergic to them? I
know that sounds patronising but it seems like a good idea to me.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Christina Websell wrote:
I Googled "Allergic reaction to Hyacinth Bulbs" and found several
interesting articles - too many to quote.

Oh I know /what/ it is. I get it every time. But the advise of 'wear
gloves' doesn't work! I had gloves on, i didn't touch them!!

Had a bath now and I /still/ feel itchy! :-(

(particularly seemed to be a problem because it was windy, and I seemed to
get particularly itchy where my hair blew into my face)

May I suggest you stop growing hyacinths if you are allergic to them? I
know that sounds patronising but it seems like a good idea to me.

As I said somewhere along the thread - it never occurs to me until I have
the itch that there's a problem! They're never a problem once they're
growing (and I don't have to touch them!)

hyacinth bulbs? bonnie bedilla Gardening 2 03-06-2005 01:19 AM
hyacinth bulbs sst28 United Kingdom 3 27-03-2005 11:05 AM
Tulips and Hyacinth bulbs Luke Australia 1 02-05-2004 06:04 AM
Forcing hyacinth bulbs TLR Texas 1 02-01-2004 01:13 PM
Hyacinth bulbs Sylvie United Kingdom 0 27-10-2002 10:36 AM