Old 20-02-2011, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Pruning a wollow

Is now a good time to prune a Weeping Willow (before the leaves appear)?

Old 20-02-2011, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jo" wrote in message
o.uk...
Is now a good time to prune a Weeping Willow (before the leaves appear)?

We gave a Weeping Beech a 'trim' and it was for ever dripping with sap, and
considering the sap is rising now, I guess we did it at the wrong time.
:-((

But then as has been pointed out many times before when I post on her, ""I""
am not a gardener. My wife does have over 50 years gardening experience
though ;-)

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Old 20-02-2011, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Jo" wrote in message
o.uk...
Is now a good time to prune a Weeping Willow (before the leaves appear)?

We gave a Weeping Beech a 'trim' and it was for ever dripping with sap,
and considering the sap is rising now, I guess we did it at the wrong
time. :-((

But then as has been pointed out many times before when I post on her,
""I"" am not a gardener. My wife does have over 50 years gardening
experience though ;-)

""when I post on here,""

Never mind, we're not ALL perfect ;-)

Old 20-02-2011, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/02/2011 13:01, Jo wrote:
Is now a good time to prune a Weeping Willow (before the leaves appear)?

Yes, my RHS guide advises pruning between autumn and winter, before the
new growth starts. Apparently, you should see a whippy central leader
which "should never be pruned". Willows, however, do not enjoy hard
pruning.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 20-02-2011, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jo" wrote in message
o.uk...
Is now a good time to prune a Weeping Willow (before the leaves appear)?
I meant willow, sorry....in a hurry as usual!

Old 20-02-2011, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jo" wrote in message
o.uk...

"Jo" wrote in message
o.uk...
Is now a good time to prune a Weeping Willow (before the leaves appear)?
I meant willow, sorry....in a hurry as usual!

Don't worry, most of us make mistakes, only a few are perfect and they will
let you know who they are :-((

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

[IBC] Root Pruning, and Top Pruning Brent Walston Bonsai 4 01-07-2004 11:02 PM
Root Pruning, and Top Pruning Andrew G Bonsai 0 30-06-2004 01:05 PM
Pruning Artemisia Polar Gardening 2 01-04-2003 05:56 AM
pruning questions rosemarie face Gardening 6 04-02-2003 07:50 AM
Hibiscus pruning T.L.Miller Gardening 0 26-01-2003 01:54 PM