Old 03-04-2011, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hedghog

I noticed today that my hedgehog has come out of hibernation after
seeing the path or hole through the hay he has made during his exit at
the entrance to the hide, I mentioned the hide here in January.

I have put cat food out for him in the food house I made in December and
will keep an eye on his progress if possible too.

I have just finished building a pergola over the pond and fastened
netting over the top and I plan on training our honeysuckle and a few
beans etc to grow up the side where possible.

Stephen.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
From the Wirral Peninsular.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Stephen wrote

I noticed today that my hedgehog has come out of hibernation after
seeing the path or hole through the hay he has made during his exit at
the entrance to the hide, I mentioned the hide here in January.

I have put cat food out for him in the food house I made in December and
will keep an eye on his progress if possible too.

I have just finished building a pergola over the pond and fastened
netting over the top and I plan on training our honeysuckle and a few
beans etc to grow up the side where possible.

If you keep water lilies in your pond do be careful you don't create too
much shade, they need sun to flower.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 04-04-2011, 08:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
"Bob Hobden" wrote:

Stephen wrote

I noticed today that my hedgehog has come out of hibernation after
seeing the path or hole through the hay he has made during his exit at
the entrance to the hide, I mentioned the hide here in January.

I have put cat food out for him in the food house I made in December and
will keep an eye on his progress if possible too.

I have just finished building a pergola over the pond and fastened
netting over the top and I plan on training our honeysuckle and a few
beans etc to grow up the side where possible.

If you keep water lilies in your pond do be careful you don't create too
much shade, they need sun to flower.

I have cheated by putting plastic lilies to float on the surface, it is
only a small pond about 6x3ft and the pergola is about 8ft tall.

ATM there is too much sun with no shade.

Stephen.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
From the Wirral Peninsular.