Old 19-04-2011, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A garden in the Isle of White

"'Mike'" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

""waltermittyland""

Please explain

Kindest POSSIBLE regards

Mike

Mike,
waltermittyland is on the Isle of White. Not an explaination, more a
geography lesson.

Kindest POSSIBLE regards

Baz

Don't you sometimes wish you hadn't made stupid statements in the past
and have to cover your butt later?

Mike

Yep

Baz

Old 20-04-2011, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-04-19 22:21:29 +0100, Martin said:

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 18:03:12 GMT, Baz wrote:

Martin wrote in
:

Hope you gave them directions. teehheeee. Isle of White, god help us all.
Man, I mean this, I love your imagination.

Isle of Man, man?

One never knows with this poster. It could be Isle of Transgendered, man.

or even a homophobic island in the sun.

Too many of us are stuck in
reality. How refreshing it is to hear from a resident of waltermittyland.

You can be very cruel. He! He!

Sometimes its cruel to be kind.

Baz

May I suggest that silence is the best remedy with regard to
attention-seekers. Laughing and mocking, however tempting, simply feed
the appetite and are not very kind, imo.

I understand your feelings Sacha, but since the old fool will always
return regardless of what it said or not said, we might just as well
have our bit of fun. Iisn't that what clowns are for?

BTW Baz and Martin, the Walter Mitty tag has been attached to him on
different newsgroups over the years. So many people have come to the
same conclusion.

Greetings to you all from the glorious, sunny isle of Vectis!
Old 20-04-2011, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-04-19 22:21:29 +0100, Martin said:

[...]

I have some sympathy with your views, believe me! And my remark wasn't
directed solely at any one person, as I hope you all realised. But the
more people answer him, even to taunt him, the more he loves it and thinks
he's got a dialogue going which is all about HIM. Unfortunately, there
appears to be some strange mindset at work where he would rather have any
attention than risk getting none. It's a strange psychological quirk but
it's very evident. ;-(
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

and thus another plug for the business :-))

Someone had the audacity for telling someone off for plugging their garden
business on here the other day. The nerve of it.

Kindest regards

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.

Old 20-04-2011, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-04-19 22:21:29 +0100, Martin said:

[...]

""Walter Mitty tag "" relates to what?

Another question NEVER to be answered :-))

Old 20-04-2011, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in
:

On 2011-04-19 22:21:29 +0100, Martin said:

[...]

Mike, read the link below please.

http://tinyurl.com/3e6uzud

Some of us agree that it relates to YOU.
In other words, you seem to be a 21st century Walter Mitty.

I am killfiling you now because you are insulting my intelligence by
assuming that you can be believed. No hardship to you but at least I
won't be embarrased when members of my family read replies to this group
from truthful folk.

Baz

Old 20-04-2011, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 12:18:51 +0100, Sacha wrote:

I understand your feelings Sacha, but since the old fool will always
return regardless of what it said or not said, we might just as well
have our bit of fun. Iisn't that what clowns are for?

BTW Baz and Martin, the Walter Mitty tag has been attached to him on
different newsgroups over the years. So many people have come to the
same conclusion.

Greetings to you all from the glorious, sunny isle of Vectis!

I have some sympathy with your views, believe me! And my remark wasn't
directed solely at any one person, as I hope you all realised. But the
more people answer him, even to taunt him, the more he loves it and
thinks he's got a dialogue going which is all about HIM.

But it really IS all about him Sacha. We all know that

Unfortunately, there appears to be some strange mindset at work where
he would rather have any attention than risk getting none. It's a
strange psychological quirk but it's very evident. ;-(

Someone on the IoW group gave the disorder a name. I'm not sure
whether the poster was medically qualified to make a diagnosis but
when I Googled it the description fitted perfectly. It even explained
why he would attach himself to people (like yourself in the case of
this NG) and slavishly respond to their every comment. It's all there
in the archives for anyone to find.

I know he has gone over the top in your case and you have rightly had
to take formal action over it. But when he puts on that big red nose
and oversized shoes it seems only right that we laugh at him tipping
the bucket over his own head.
Old 20-04-2011, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

On 2011-04-19 22:21:29 +0100, Martin said:

[...]

and an example would be ?

Oh, he has gone. What a wonderful way to chicken out :-((

As I said, another question unanswered with examples

Mike

NEXT PLEASE

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.

Old 20-04-2011, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Qwight" wrote in message
news
[...]

How about giving an example of the big red nose and oversized shoes?

Oh dear :-(( Another request for an example never to be met.

Mike

NEXT PLEASE

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.