Old 05-05-2011, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Birds and water

I think a few bird baths etc must be a bit dry around here. My big bird bath
is very busy this morning. Sparrows as usual, but a Pigeon has just
scattered water everywhere whilst bathing, Blue Tits busy in there with
Sparrows queuing to get in. (We do have rather a lot of 'Sparrers'.)

Are you keeping an eye on your water supply for the birds?

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
I think a few bird baths etc must be a bit dry around here. My big bird
bath is very busy this morning. Sparrows as usual, but a Pigeon has just
scattered water everywhere whilst bathing, Blue Tits busy in there with
Sparrows queuing to get in. (We do have rather a lot of 'Sparrers'.)

Are you keeping an eye on your water supply for the birds?

Mike

We have Magpies "dunking" crusts in the brid bath

Bill

Old 05-05-2011, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
I think a few bird baths etc must be a bit dry around here. My big bird
bath is very busy this morning. Sparrows as usual, but a Pigeon has just
scattered water everywhere whilst bathing, Blue Tits busy in there with
Sparrows queuing to get in. (We do have rather a lot of 'Sparrers'.)

Are you keeping an eye on your water supply for the birds?

Mike

We have Magpies "dunking" crusts in the brid bath

Bill

When I turned and looked out of the window after putting the original
posting up, a Blackbird and a Sparrow were in the bath.

Got to go and fill it again it has been so 'busy'.

It's a 17" Plant pot saucer.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
I think a few bird baths etc must be a bit dry around here. My big bird
bath is very busy this morning. Sparrows as usual, but a Pigeon has just
scattered water everywhere whilst bathing, Blue Tits busy in there with
Sparrows queuing to get in. (We do have rather a lot of 'Sparrers'.)

Are you keeping an eye on your water supply for the birds?

Mike

We have Magpies "dunking" crusts in the brid bath

Bill

We were having a discussion in the office one day years ago about which
biscuits were best for dunking. A younger member said 'What's dunking?'

"You don't know what dunking is? You've never dunked? Oh you have a lot to
learn"

Can't remember if we told him or left him in suspense.

Question for this readership. Do we all know what dunking is and what
biscuits do you prefer?

Old 05-05-2011, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CT CT is offline

'Mike' wrote:

Question for this readership. Do we all know what dunking is and what
biscuits do you prefer?

Of course! Rich Tea or Ginger Snaps for me.

--
Chris

Old 05-05-2011, 10:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"CT" wrote in message
'Mike' wrote:

Question for this readership. Do we all know what dunking is and what
biscuits do you prefer?

Of course! Rich Tea or Ginger Snaps for me.

--
Chris

:-))

Go along with you there.

And what are the readers thoughts on Digestive Biscuits as dunkers? ;-)

Old 05-05-2011, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CT CT is offline

'Mike' wrote:

And what are the readers thoughts on Digestive Biscuits as dunkers?
;-)

Digestives break up far too easily and are therefore best eaten with a
nice bit of blue cheese, rather than used for dunking.

--
Chris
Old 05-05-2011, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"CT" wrote in message
'Mike' wrote:

And what are the readers thoughts on Digestive Biscuits as dunkers?
;-)

Digestives break up far too easily and are therefore best eaten with a
nice bit of blue cheese, rather than used for dunking.

--
Chris

Agree about them breaking up, that is why I posed the question.

We have Digestives at the Cheese and Biscuit course of the Menu at our Lodge
Dinners :-)

Old 05-05-2011, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message ...

"CT" wrote in message
'Mike' wrote:

And what are the readers thoughts on Digestive Biscuits as dunkers?
;-)

Digestives break up far too easily and are therefore best eaten with a
nice bit of blue cheese, rather than used for dunking.

--
Chris

Agree about them breaking up, that is why I posed the question.

We have Digestives at the Cheese and Biscuit course of the Menu at our Lodge
Dinners :-)

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Don't you just love it when the digestive soggily falls into the cup of tea
or coffee and you retrieve it from the bottom of the cup with a
teaspoon........lovely jubbly!!

Will

Old 05-05-2011, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Will" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message ...

"CT" wrote in message
'Mike' wrote:

And what are the readers thoughts on Digestive Biscuits as dunkers?
;-)

Digestives break up far too easily and are therefore best eaten with a
nice bit of blue cheese, rather than used for dunking.

--
Chris

Agree about them breaking up, that is why I posed the question.

We have Digestives at the Cheese and Biscuit course of the Menu at our
Lodge
Dinners :-)

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Don't you just love it when the digestive soggily falls into the cup of
tea or coffee and you retrieve it from the bottom of the cup with a
teaspoon........lovely jubbly!!

Will

NO!!

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 5 May 2011 10:26:42 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

"CT" wrote in message
'Mike' wrote:

Question for this readership. Do we all know what dunking is and what
biscuits do you prefer?

Of course! Rich Tea or Ginger Snaps for me.

--
Chris

:-))

Go along with you there.

And what are the readers thoughts on Digestive Biscuits as dunkers? ;-)

Mike

With chocolate but you need to keep a spoon at the ready.
--
http://www.bra-and-pants.com
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 06-05-2011, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

"CT" wrote in message
'Mike' wrote:

Question for this readership. Do we all know what dunking is and what
biscuits do you prefer?

Of course! Rich Tea or Ginger Snaps for me.

--
Chris

:-))

Go along with you there.

And what are the readers thoughts on Digestive Biscuits as dunkers? ;-)

Mike

With chocolate but you need to keep a spoon at the ready.
--

Oh dear ;-))

I will be asking questions later ;-)