Old 16-05-2011, 03:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Orange honeysuckle

Took the car in to have the insurance estimate done and in their car
park are the usual run of the mill shrubs and amongst them was a
fantastic Orange flowered Honey suckle, I've looked on line and find
Orange Honeysuckle (Lonicera ciliosa), but is described as having
small flowers, and the petal formation is different.
See pics, not as good as they could be as I had to take the flower to
the camera so about 45 mins without water in the car.
It flowere look almost like Montbretia flowers.
I am trying cuttings, failing that I will be back for seed.
David
Old 16-05-2011, 09:22 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hill View Post
Took the car in to have the insurance estimate done and in their car
park are the usual run of the mill shrubs and amongst them was a
fantastic Orange flowered Honey suckle, I've looked on line and find
Orange Honeysuckle (Lonicera ciliosa), but is described as having
small flowers, and the petal formation is different.
See pics, not as good as they could be as I had to take the flower to
the camera so about 45 mins without water in the car.
It flowere look almost like Montbretia flowers.
I am trying cuttings, failing that I will be back for seed.
David
Try Lonicera x tellmanniana. There's a named very orange variety, which I used to have, but I can't recall the name. It's a lovely plant, but unfortunately doesn't have the good scent.