Old 15-06-2011, 08:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Wimbourne Theatre and Shanklin Theatre

A while back, possibly over a year ago, someone from the Wimbourne Theatre
was in conversation on this site.

Can't find it now :-((

Can anyone or the person concerned please help?

Just wanted to report how well the Shanklin Theatre
http://www.shanklintheatre.com/default.aspx is doing under the volunteers
http://www.friendsofshanklintheatre.org.uk/

Very full programme up into the new year with Al Murray selling out PDQ so
another date has been fixed
http://www.shanklintheatre.com/event...a/details.aspx

Anyone may be interested in the fundraising efforts and one I have had great
success in is putting on the Murder Plays. I have been the producer for two
now and the one on Monday made a profit of over £1000.00 for the Theatre and
when I went on stage to present the prizes, I asked if they wanted another
one. YES was the answer so 'Who Killed the Soap Star' is on it's way. If
anyone belongs to an Association/Club or such and is looking for a fund
raising event with a difference, get in touch with Chris at
http://www.murderplays.com/ Mention my name. He is in the throes of writing
another play at my suggestion after I sent him a couple of 'plots'.

The Friends of Shanklin Theatre have asked me to take over the position of
Acting Treasurer, and it is so nice to se just where the money comes in for
the Theatre. A member of the audience wanted one of the Act's autograph and
sent her book backstage. The Act, don't know who it was, insisted on seeing
her so she was taken backstage to meet him. She was so delighted she has
made a donation to The Friends!

I hope the person from Wimbourne Theatre reads this and gets some
inspiration from the posting, just as we had from his encouragement when we
started the battle to save Shanklin Theatre from being pulled down and a
block of flats being built. On the first birthday of our taking over the
Theatre, we had a sell out with Chas and Dave!!

Coming to the Isle of Wight on holiday? Give Shanklin Theatre a visit and
give generously to our fund raising efforts ...... it ALL goes into the
Theatre.

And to our Isle of Wight urglers, those I am in contact with ;-) and any
others, come and join the friends :-))

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.