Old 06-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Registered User

Default Help with ID

Could anyone tell me what this is, found in Aberdeen, Scotland this week?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ctavish/id.jpg
Old 07-07-2011, 06:27 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymo View Post
Could anyone tell me what this is, found in Aberdeen, Scotland this week?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ctavish/id.jpg
Looks like alchemila molis, Ladies Mantle although could be another alchemilla species- there are lots of them

A very accomodating plant that will grow almost anywhere
Attractive lime/yellow flowers and slightly hairy leaves which hold drops of water like mercury after a shower.

Only problem - it can seed very freely
Old 07-07-2011, 08:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...tavish/id.jpg]

--
flymo

Looks like alchemilla mollis

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 07-07-2011, 11:18 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha[_4_] View Post
On 2011-07-06 23:34:03 +0100, flymo said:

Could anyone tell me what this is, found in Aberdeen, Scotland this
week?
[image:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...tavish/id.jpg]

Alchemilla mollis. It's a very pretty, short plant which is perennial
and is good for edging borders. It's flowers seem to help intensify
the colour of others and when rain or dew collects in the leaves, it
looks like your personal cache of diamonds!
--
It looks like Alchemilla mollis and probably is. But there is a large number of Alchemilla species native to the UK, most of them very difficult to tell apart. So in town it's likely to be a garden escape A mollis, up in the hills you're more likely to find one of our natives.

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM