Old 06-07-2011, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Unknown budleija

This is one I got a few years ago from a rather wild garden with a lot
of self seeded budleija,
I suspect it's not from seed.
I broke one of the raceme that I was photographing, it flowres down
its length and this one had several inches left to develop and open,
and was still 20 inches long from the first flower to the tip, so I
think it would have made an easy 24 inches.
Have put on 4 pics, first is the long raceme:
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...Budleija01.jpg
2nd shows the plant in its pot, note the short leaves :
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...Budleija02.jpg
The third is a close up of the flowers, note they are only on one side
of the raceme and not all round as with Budleija Davidii
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...Budleija03.jpg
The last pic shows it against a white Davidii to show the contrast:
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...Budleija03.jpg
Any Ideas folks?
David Hill
Old 07-07-2011, 08:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
[...]

I think it may be Buddleja lindleyana, the flowers are more compact when
grown outside with a stronger colour but other wise its a good match

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 08-07-2011, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...nknownBudleija...
2nd shows the plant in its pot, note the short leaves :
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...nknownBudleija...
The third is a close up of the flowers, note they are only on one side
of the raceme and not all round as with Budleija Davidii
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...nknownBudleija...
The last pic shows it against a white Davidii to show the contrast:
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...nknownBudleija...
Any Ideas folks?
David Hill

I think it may be Buddleja lindleyana, the flowers are more compact when
grown outside with a stronger colour but other wise its a good match

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvshttp://www.roselandhouse.co.uk- Hide quoted text -

Looks as if you've got it Charlie, thanks.
And there I was hopeing I'd got something new.
David Hill
Old 10-07-2011, 03:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Charlie Pridham
writes
think it may be Buddleja lindleyana, the flowers are more compact when
grown outside with a stronger colour but other wise its a good match

Yes I'd go for that David. A bit of a trial to propagate and not the
MOST strong growing Buddleia but very pretty.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph