Old 21-07-2011, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Square Foot Gardening

Back around March time, I was searching for something (I forget what) on
Google and it threw up a link to something called Square Foot Gardening. I
ended up downloading a "torrent" with a video and 2 pdf books in it. I tried
out the ideas in the books and built 2 3ft squares raised up about 2 foot
and have had my best growing season for many years. I did tell a couple of
disabled friends about this and gave them copies of of books and video and
ended up making them a couple of 3ft squares to help them get going. Their
garden is absolutely amazing, with all their neighbours looking over the
fence wondering what the hell is going on,. they also told other friends and
relatives about it and they're having a go too.

The question is, has anybody else seen these books and video and did
they try it out and how did they get on with it all?

Mike Stanford

Old 22-07-2011, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 21:38:37 +0100, "Mike Stanford"
wrote:

[...]

I bookmarked some links ages ago, but still haven't done a thing about
it. Do tell us of your experiences.

--
Mike.
Old 22-07-2011, 11:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Mike Stanford
writes
The question is, has anybody else seen these books and video and did
they try it out and how did they get on with it all?

Mike Stanford

They've been out for some time Mike. I did try but gave up after a
season - probably didn't try hard enough but the carrots didn't do well
and neither did the beans.
Good idea for a confined space though!
--
Janet Tweedy