Old 03-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Registered User

Default Buying garden machinery

I have recently bought my first house which has a big garden needing a lot of work and I am going to tackle it all myself so will be needing all sorts of equipment-lawn mower, strimmer, hedge cutters etc before I can even think about planting!

Does anyone know the best website that offers the widest range of quality products at competitive prices? My uncle has said Honda are the best for quality and all round performance?

Any thoughts much appreciated!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Registered User

ebay is the place to go. I bought a very good pertol strimer there for 85 uk
it was quite large though at 50cc.
If your getting a mower dont buy cheap I have just bough 2 new ones and both are not up to the job - bewware of Flymo cheapies which have little plastic cutters not fit for the job and guess what you have to keep buying and replacing the plastic blades. Look underneath a flymo before you buy.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroZero View Post
ebay is the place to go. I bought a very good pertol strimer there for 85 uk
it was quite large though at 50cc.
If your getting a mower dont buy cheap I have just bough 2 new ones and both are not up to the job - bewware of Flymo cheapies which have little plastic cutters not fit for the job and guess what you have to keep buying and replacing the plastic blades. Look underneath a flymo before you buy.
I have been on ebay and am waiting to see what I win! Thank you, cant believe I didnt think of it!
Old 09-08-2011, 08:01 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
I have been on ebay and am waiting to see what I win! Thank you, cant believe I didnt think of it!
Obviously I dont know what you have ordered, but i use ebay to 'Buy it Now' and with garden machinary this would be new stuff.
The problem with auctions is that you can wait and at the very last minute be pipped at the post. If you are gonig to bid, my advice is not to bid at all until the last minute (literally) anything else just encourages competition - against YOU!

Just IMO#

Zero
Old 09-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroZero View Post
Obviously I dont know what you have ordered, but i use ebay to 'Buy it Now' and with garden machinary this would be new stuff.
The problem with auctions is that you can wait and at the very last minute be pipped at the post. If you are gonig to bid, my advice is not to bid at all until the last minute (literally) anything else just encourages competition - against YOU!

Just IMO#

Zero
you can 'watch' an item without bidding