Old 10-08-2011, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default How long can fruit stay on the tree/bush

I have the gardening club show on 20th. there are plums on the tree (for
the first time!) which I would love to put in the plum category, but they
look ripe, and it's another week yet!

There is also a '3 different soft fruits' category -
the fig isn't ripe, and only has 2 fruit anyhow and needs 3;
the redcurrants have been ripe for months and I'm worried they will all drop,
or a bird will get in - they last for ages when picked anyhow, I wonder if I
should pick all but a couple and put some in the fridge, how well they'll last;
gooseberries and blackcurrants all seem to be over;
raspberries need to keep being picked, as do the alpine strawberries ...
Wondering if the grapes will be up to it!
Tangerines are tiny and green still.

(I won when I had alpine strawberries, giant red raspberries and gape
gooseberries!)