Old 10-08-2011, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default gardens visited

Have visited 3 gardens this week.
1. Hidcote; very crowded, very dry, things are drooping, and rather
disappointing. I've not been there for around 15 years, and found
that little has changed. Also teapots in the restaurant are dreadful
pourers!
2. Chalice Well garden, Glastonbury. A lovely peaceful garden with
good planting, and the most seats I've ever seen in a garden. What a
delight. The only downside is that you have to park down the road,
unless you have a disabled badge.
3. Heale House Garden near Salibury. A real joy. Under new
ownership (Kevin Hughes from Spinners) in the last 5ish years.
Lots of new formal planting (box, yew) a lovely veg/fruit/flower
garden and the old Japanese garden maintained. An excellent little
restaurant serving meals and drinks. A good plant centre, and KH is
very helpful and full of advice. House not open.
The latter two I would visit again tomorrow, Hidcote, no.

Pam in Bristol

gardens visited Pam Moore United Kingdom 9 15-09-2005 08:04 AM
I visited.... madgardener Gardening 17 21-03-2005 02:07 AM
I visited....Gardenweb sucks Cereus-validus Gardening 36 20-03-2005 06:09 PM