Old 27-08-2011, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

Default Blowing Neighbours smell away

On 27/08/2011 17:37, 'Mike' wrote:
"The Medway wrote in message
On 27/08/2011 16:18, Interloper wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" mocked:

Why don't you try getting a life?

Most likely Dave has already got a life and he is trying to hang on to it
and his health by avoiding passive smoking.

Could you name someone who as died from passive smoking? Anywhere in the
world will do.

Margaret Horsborough
25 Colchester Road
Leicester

My next door neighbour when I lived in Leicester in the 60's and 70's

A non smoker, died of Lung Cancer due to secondary/passive smoking whilst in
an office environment.

Alas she didn't. Nice try, no cigar.

Come off your 'I know my rights' high horse. YOU pollute the air I breath. I
don't pollute the air you breath.

So you don't drive a car, heat your house, use aerosols or fart then?

We have the same argument with you very selfish polluters on the cruise
ships. I cruise a lot and have to endure you polluting MY balcony.

Cruising? Ohh Err Missus.

If you were meant to smoke, you would have been born with a chimney out of
you head.

If we weren't meant to smoke, why did God invent tobacco?

Old 28-08-2011, 11:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 27/08/2011 17:37, 'Mike' wrote:
"The Medway wrote in message
[...]

Ah, the defence that all smokers resort to in the end. The difference is
that all the above serve useful purposes and the pollution is an
unfortunately necessary byproduct of that function, whereas smoking
simply prevents the addict's withdrawal symptoms as the previous fix
wears off.

SteveW
Old 28-08-2011, 11:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 28/08/2011 23:29, Steve Walker wrote:
On 27/08/2011 17:37, 'Mike' wrote:
"The Medway wrote in message
[...]

Farting serves a useful purpose?

whereas smoking
simply prevents the addict's withdrawal symptoms as the previous fix
wears off.

The ploy anti smokers always resort to in the end.

Perhaps you could cite an incident of a smoker mugging someone to get a
'fix'?

I would remind you that smoking is a perfectly legal activity that makes
an important contribution to Govmint funds.

Old 29-08-2011, 12:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
No Name

On 28 Aug,
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Farting serves a useful purpose?

Try going a week without a fart. You'll find the reason!

--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply
Old 29-08-2011, 04:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , The Medway
Handyman escribió:

Farting serves a useful purpose?

Considering that it stops you exploding, yes :-)

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Old 29-08-2011, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 29/08/2011 10:47 a.m., The Medway Handyman wrote:

Perhaps you could cite an incident of a smoker mugging someone to get a
'fix'?

I'd wager that people have been killed for a packet of cigarettes - in
prison.
Old 29-08-2011, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Gib Bogle wrote:
On 29/08/2011 10:47 a.m., The Medway Handyman wrote:

Perhaps you could cite an incident of a smoker mugging someone to get a
'fix'?

I'd wager that people have been killed for a packet of cigarettes - in
prison.

I've worked in prisons on a number of occasions and never once saw a
packet of cigarettes.

--
*Hang in there, retirement is only thirty years away! *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old 29-08-2011, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 29/08/2011 9:51 p.m., Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In ,
Gib wrote:
On 29/08/2011 10:47 a.m., The Medway Handyman wrote:

Perhaps you could cite an incident of a smoker mugging someone to get a
'fix'?

I'd wager that people have been killed for a packet of cigarettes - in
prison.

I've worked in prisons on a number of occasions and never once saw a
packet of cigarettes.

You probably never saw marijuana, cocaine or heroin either. Do you
think they are not there?
Old 29-08-2011, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 29/08/2011 10:28, Gib Bogle wrote:
On 29/08/2011 10:47 a.m., The Medway Handyman wrote:

Perhaps you could cite an incident of a smoker mugging someone to get a
'fix'?

I'd wager that people have been killed for a packet of cigarettes - in
prison.

But you have no evidence whatsoever. Rather like the passive smoking lobby.

Old 29-08-2011, 01:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 27/08/2011 17:37, 'Mike' wrote:
"The Medway wrote in message
[...]

I'm not going to search now, but there have been, over the years, a
number of cases in our local paper of someone on a night out being asked
for a cigarette and when they have refused or have said that they don't
smoke, they've been beaten up.

It is difficult to separate those from just the random attacks of
drunken yobs, but if they just wanted a fight, they'd not have asked for
the cigarette first, would they?

I would remind you that smoking is a perfectly legal activity that makes
an important contribution to Govmint funds.

So's music, but you can't inflict your music on your neighbours at night
on a regular basis without the intervention of the authorities.

SteveW

Old 28-08-2011, 11:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 27/08/2011 23:41, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:

If we weren't meant to smoke, why did God invent tobacco?

Oh come now Our Dave. You may as well say that if we weren't meant to
jump off cliffs why did he invent Beachy Head?

'Mike' made the inane comment "If you were meant to smoke, you would
have been born with a chimney out of you head".

I was merely being as ridiculous as he was.