Old 29-08-2011, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

Default Blowing Neighbours smell away

In article ,
charles wrote:
Some of the legislation is stupid: if I give someone a lift in my car on
behalf of a charity, I need to display a "No Smoking" sign in the car.

You're acting like a form of taxi, and like all such vehicles, smoking is
not allowed by either driver or passengers. The same applies to works vans
- but is largely ignored.

--
*Two many clicks spoil the browse *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old 29-08-2011, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 29/08/2011 12:06, charles wrote:
In , The Medway Handyman
wrote:
On 29/08/2011 10:52, 'Mike' wrote:
"Gib wrote in message
On 28/08/2011 3:10 a.m., wrote:

Well, if we ignore the obvious trolling and prejudice, cigarette
smoke makes a lot of people with breathing problems cough very badly.

I think this is the main issue. Except in very smoky confined spaces,
I'm guessing that the cancer risk from other people's smoke is pretty
minimal, but those particulates can be very troubling for some. Any
smoke is air pollution, regardless of what's being burnt.

The smoker's attitude.'It's legal and therefore I can do it. If it
pollutes your airspace, .... tough'

The non smokers attitude. I don't like it so I want it banned
everywhere, if that restricts personal choice - tough.

I think you mistake some non-smokers with all non-smokers.

Some of the legislation is stupid: if I give someone a lift in my car on
behalf of a charity, I need to display a "No Smoking" sign in the car.

Entirely fair.

However, if I go on a job with my smoking mate, in the van I own,
technically its illegal. My van, we are both smokers.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Old 30-08-2011, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

Passive smoking has never killed anyone.

You can repeat that as many times as you like, it just proves that you don't
have a clue.
At least when you were claiming it hadn't kill insert name it was
impossible to prove but to claim anyone just shows you don't understand
epidemiology.
You could have claimed smoking never killed insert name and it would have
been hard to disprove but epidemiology shows that smoking does kill people,
the same as it shows secondary smoking does.
Now go and cut someone's grass and stop making stupid statements.