Old 10-09-2011, 01:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default eupatorium

I have been coddling three largish cuttings and now plants of what i
thought by leaves etc. was some sort of Hoheria,

Today found they were instead a white flowered Eupatroium unlike the
normal dark pink and white ones I knew.

Leaves are glossy and green and whole plant seems almost like a shrub
the way it grows. Flowers are like Hoheria definitely not purpureum,
well they are white anyway, nearest is maculatum but leaves are smooth
and shiny and growth is very strong on one stem rather than multiple
like most perennials

Which E. would this be please? I've got to identify them if i want to
offload them
--
Janet Tweedy
Old 10-09-2011, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Sep 10, 1:28*am, Janet Tweedy wrote:
I have been coddling three largish cuttings and now plants of what i
thought by leaves etc. was some sort of Hoheria,

Today found they were instead a white flowered Eupatroium unlike the
normal dark pink and white ones I knew.

Leaves are glossy and green and whole plant seems almost like a shrub
the way it grows. Flowers are like Hoheria definitely not purpureum,
well they are white anyway, nearest is maculatum but leaves are smooth
and shiny and growth is very strong on one stem rather than multiple
like most perennials

Which E. would this be please? I've got to identify them if i want to
offload them
--
Janet Tweedy

Is this what you are talking about ?
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...um_rugosum.jpg
David
Old 10-09-2011, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
I have been coddling three largish cuttings and now plants of what i
thought by leaves etc. was some sort of Hoheria,

Today found they were instead a white flowered Eupatroium unlike the
normal dark pink and white ones I knew.

Leaves are glossy and green and whole plant seems almost like a shrub the
way it grows. Flowers are like Hoheria definitely not purpureum, well they
are white anyway, nearest is maculatum but leaves are smooth and shiny and
growth is very strong on one stem rather than multiple like most
perennials

Which E. would this be please? I've got to identify them if i want to
offload them
--
Janet Tweedy

You sound as if you are describing Eupatorium ligustrinium, if you rub the
leaves they have a rather aromatic fragrance as do the flowers, butterflies
love it and its one of my favorite small shrubs, would be large in a mild
place but here the winter takes it back a peg or two each year.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 10-09-2011, 02:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article
,
Dave Hill writes
Is this what you are talking about ?
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...um_rugosum.jpg
David

Yes but leaves are darker green and glossier.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 10-09-2011, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Charlie Pridham
writes
You sound as if you are describing Eupatorium ligustrinium, if you rub
the leaves they have a rather aromatic fragrance as do the flowers,
butterflies love it and its one of my favorite small shrubs, would be
large in a mild place but here the winter takes it back a peg or two
each year.

Can you have an evergreen perennial? Or is it a shrub?

Must ask Sacha if she wants one