Old 18-09-2011, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Japanese Kale

I appear to have accidentally sprouted a bunch of Japanese Kale seeds (left
in the greenhouse, they've fallen off the shelf and into a puddle - mostly
germinated, and the label is unreadable).

Which means I now can't read the instructions. Is there any hope for them
if I try to overwinter them? Iirc, last time I grew them in early spring.

Old 19-09-2011, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

--

Looks as if you have no choice but to grow it on,
I'd try some in pots, some planted out under a poly closh or similar,
Old 19-09-2011, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Dave Hill wrote:
Looks as if you have no choice but to grow it on,

This is true. But if there was no hope, I might have just thrown it away at
this point. :-}

I'd try some in pots, some planted out under a poly closh or similar,
experement, what have you to loose,
As long as you have 6 to 8 weeks before frost for them to get
established you should be OK.

*nod* I've potted it into soil, it may die immediately anyhow, but I'll
watch and see.

Prolonging kale mypet Gardening 0 05-03-2004 04:15 AM
In praise of Jersey Kale Steve Harris United Kingdom 14 13-01-2004 02:35 PM
Sea Kale? Steve Harris United Kingdom 21 28-12-2003 05:43 PM
Transplanting Jersey Kale? Steve Harris United Kingdom 0 17-04-2003 09:20 PM
curly kale: recepies ne1? Derek Turner United Kingdom 6 12-12-2002 10:44 PM