Old 27-09-2011, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ventnor Botanic Gardens STOP PRESS ..

"Trevor" wrote in message
On Sep 26, 10:32 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 26, 9:18 am, "'Mike'" wrote:

"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 8:53 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Arthur" wrote in message
On Sep 25, 4:49 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Arthur" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 1:01 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message

.. .

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 03:35:29 -0700 (PDT), Arthur
wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...47855Justtosay
congratulations to Mike Crowe for being one of the first people
on
the
IOW to volunteer to help with running IOW
libraries............seems
he is not all bad!

I don't see his name there.

4x 500,000 does not equal 33 million. No mention of who pays
for
the
acquiring of new books.

Every volunteer does somebody out of their job. Would you like
volunteer to take over your job? Maybe volunteers should take
over
some of the overpaid council management jobs?
--

Martin

Martin you won't see my name there because I have not been
involved
with
the
Libraries, I have however been, and still am, involved with "The
Friends
of
Shanklin
Theatre"http://www.friendsofshanklintheatre.org.uk/andShanklin
Theatre itselfhttp://www.shanklintheatre.com/default.aspx

With regards to your comment of volunteers doing somebody out of
job,
in
the case of Shanklin Theatre, it has worked the other way round.
The
Isle
of
Wight Council gave intention that they were to close Shanklin
Theatre
and
make 7 people redundant. And they did. But before the final day,
Shanklin
Town Council and "The Friends" got together and arranged to take
the
Theatre
over and run it. One full time and one part time job were saved.
One
of
the
volunteers, having been made redundant from a shop manager
position
and
had
time on his hands, spent many hours there and was eventually
taken
on
full
time. Another volunteer has also been taken on full time.

Just thought I would put a few things straight :-))

Mike

If what I have been advised is wrong, is there any reason for you
not
helping with IOW libraries? After all the library service on the
IOW
is of far more benefit to residents than Shanklin theatre, and
surely
deserves your support for this reason?
.................................................. .......................

"""If what I have been advised is wrong"""

Most of the things you make up are wrong, so why suddenly admit it?

Because you have at long last realised that I am right?

Well done.

Pity others on this newsgroup/forum don't realise that and continue
be
led by the bias of some people.

Mike

Is there any good reason you are not helping out with the IOW
library
service? This seems to me to be of far greater value to IOW
residents
than messing around with a theatre, which is used by perhaps less
than
3% of the number of people using the islands library's?

As your continuing rather crude trolling on threads involving
subjects
you know nothing whatsoever about, maybe your time spent on things
such as this could be far better employed assisting IOW library's in
some way?
.................................................. ...................

""Subjects I know nothing about"" ............. an example please

Kindest regards

Mike

I hope you have noticed that in accordance with norm of those who
frequent
this newsgroup/forum the most, I have NOT pruned the dross from above
as
suggested by the rules and regulations.

And should anybody wish to continue this off topic subject of
volunteers
for
the Theatre at Shanklin on the Isle of Wight or Ventnor Botanical
Gardens
or
the Libraries on the Isle of Wight, I will be happy to join in.

Mike

Shanklin Theatre is used by very few people on the IOW, and the fact
its not been commercially viable for many years, does very much
support the fact this is the case. However the IOW library is
something that is used and enjoyed by large numbers of people on the
island, so would it not be a very good idea for you to direct your
efforts toward helping the libraries, rather than wasting them on what
seems to be a bit of a lost cause?
.................................................. .............

And once again you have not done any homework and don't know what you
are
talking about :-)

Mike

Are you perhaps suggesting a rather grotty theatre in a run down part
of Shanklin, is used more than IOW libraries? If you are truly
interested in putting the considerable amount of free time you have to
good use, then I can see no reason whatsoever for you not getting
involved IOW libraries!

I have spent a considerable time in Shanklin Theatre today. In fact I have
only just come off stage from a production put on by the volunteers. It's
such a pity you were not there to see just what rubbish you make up and
post.

HOWEVER, just as others use this newsgroup/forum for advertising in a
crafty
way, I have to thank you for the way you allow me to promote my interests,
such as the very successful Shanklin Theatre.

Please keep it up and allow me the opportunity to continue. Have you seen
the latest Acts we have coming?http://www.shanklintheatre.com/default.aspx
...... Al Murray is a sell out on both nights I understand.

You might also be interested to know that the Chairman of The Friends of
Shanklin Theatre introduced me to someone who wants to make even more use
of
Shanklin Theatre.

With the success of Shanklin Theatre, perhaps you can see why other
organisations, such as the Libraries, come to us for guidance and
pointers,
so really, I 'AM' helping the Libraries :-))

Thanks again :-))

Mike

Not the point really is it? As you have plenty of free time, why not
devote it to actually helping out with something thats likely to be of
benefit to thousands of IOW residents rather than the affluent few who
visit Shanklin Theatre?
.................................................. ..................

Don't you think it might be an idea for you to check things out once in a
while before you spout the rubbish you do spout from that head of your?

Just ponder on this for a while. Shanklin Theatre is a terrific success now
that the volunteers have taken over. How can the volunteers take over if
they are visitors and only on the Island for a week or so? The volunteers
are Island residents who want to use and save the Theatre. Why do they want
to save the Theatre? Because as residents, they want to use it. Ask
yourself, how can many acts be booked up way in advance, some a sell out, if
the visitors are not there at the time? OK they can book on line, but MOST
visitors book at the theatreeither on the day or when they arrive and at the
start of their holiday. When I went on stage for last night's production I
was suprised to see how many 'late takers' had arrived.

Now ponder this, with the success of Shanklin Theatre and the volunteers,
why do the Library Volunteers ask us for advice?

And somethig else for you to ponder on. You are telling me to get involved
with something which is not within my interest range, so telling me to get
involved in such a thing, is rather like me telling you to provide proof of
some of the outrageous claims you have made over the
years....................... a waste of time.

HOWEVER, as I keep the same name all the time, people 'ping in' on me and
read my postings as they take the 'po face' out of urg :-)) I have quite a
devoted following. They even vist us when they are on holiday to see our
'gardens' ;-))

Thanks again for allowing me to do a plug for Shanklin Theatre
http://www.shanklintheatre.com/default.aspx and in turn all the volunteers

Old 27-09-2011, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 27, 8:47*am, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 26, 10:32 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 26, 9:18 am, "'Mike'" wrote:

"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 8:53 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Arthur" wrote in message
On Sep 25, 4:49 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Arthur" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 1:01 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

.................................................. ........................

[...]

.................................................. ....................

[...]

.................................................. .................

Don't you think it might be an idea for you to check things out once in a
while before you spout the rubbish you do spout from that head of your?

Just ponder on this for a while. Shanklin Theatre is a terrific success now
that the volunteers have taken over. How can the volunteers take over if
they are visitors and only on the Island for a week or so? The volunteers
are Island residents who want to use and save the Theatre. Why do they want
to save the Theatre? Because as residents, they want to use it. Ask
yourself, how can many acts be booked up way ...

read more »

I guess this is a question of whether or not you want to devote some
spare time to an end which will benefit a awful lot of IOW residents,
or are more interested in spending that time on a Theatre (which
already has more than enough volunteers!), which is only likely to be
used by summer visitors, and a small number of people from the IOW
able to afford this type of entertaninment?
Old 27-09-2011, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Trevor" wrote in message
On Sep 27, 8:47 am, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 26, 10:32 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 26, 9:18 am, "'Mike'" wrote:

"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 8:53 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Arthur" wrote in message
On Sep 25, 4:49 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Arthur" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 1:01 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

.................................................. ............

:-((

Just goes to show that you didn't see the congratulations email I received
from the Chairman this morning doesn't it?

You're like others on urg, blinkered by their own superiority

:-))

Remember, the truth will prevail :-))

Mike

Old 27-09-2011, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 27, 6:38*pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 27, 8:47 am, "'Mike'" wrote:

"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 26, 10:32 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 26, 9:18 am, "'Mike'" wrote:

"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 8:53 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Arthur" wrote in message
On Sep 25, 4:49 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Arthur" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 1:01 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

No real need to check out ridiculous propaganda, which may have been
generated by someone such as yourself, who seems to have little or no
regard for facts or telling the truth! Somewhere like the IOW with a
predominately elderly population, is likely to have an awful lot more
people using and enjoying the library service, than wanting to pay
through the nose to see foul mouthed, racist comedians performing at
the Shanklin theatre.
Old 27-09-2011, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

So the Mike and Chris Show carries on, fouling up yet another
newsgroup.
After all these years it's time you two finally met up and sorted out
your childish squabble face to face. I can suggest a suitable meeting
place - on the cliff edge just above the Needles.

Old 27-09-2011, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Trevor" wrote in message
On Sep 27, 6:38 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 27, 8:47 am, "'Mike'" wrote:

"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 26, 10:32 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 26, 9:18 am, "'Mike'" wrote:

"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 8:53 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Arthur" wrote in message
On Sep 25, 4:49 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Arthur" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 1:01 pm, "'Mike'"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

.................................................. .........................

Must be very lonely for you being by yourself on Planet Pratt

Old 27-09-2011, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Qwight" wrote in message
So the Mike and Chris Show carries on, fouling up yet another
newsgroup.
After all these years it's time you two finally met up and sorted out
your childish squabble face to face. I can suggest a suitable meeting
place - on the cliff edge just above the Needles.

:-))

My word that will bring some flak now, you just watch!!!

Who is going to be first across the line??????

:-))

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 28-09-2011, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 27, 10:40*pm, Qwight wrote:
So the Mike and Chris Show carries on, fouling up yet another
newsgroup.
After all these years it's time you two finally met up and sorted out
your childish squabble face to face. I can suggest a suitable meeting
place - on the cliff edge just above the Needles. *

If you dont enjoy the posts then why on earth do you bother to read
them so avidly? Are you something of a ****wit perhaps?
Old 28-09-2011, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 28, 10:13*am, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 10:21:20 -0700 (PDT), Trevor

wrote:
I guess this is a question of whether or not you want to devote some
spare time to an end which will benefit a awful lot of IOW residents,
or are more interested in spending that time on a Theatre (which
already has more than enough volunteers!), which is only likely to be
used by summer visitors, and a small number of people from the IOW
able to afford this type of entertaninment?

On The One Show last night they showed how volunteers are driving the
buses on the IOW. No sign of volunteers taking over council Human
Resources and management jobs though.
--

Martin

IOW council also has a propensity for hiring top management level
staff at exorbitant salaries, who seem to do very little for the large
sums of taxpayers money they are rewarded with.

Maybe rather than messing around with a theatre group, Mike Crowe
should spend some time looking into these scandals?

Old 28-09-2011, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 28, 12:49*pm, Janet wrote:
In article 67e0b158-0e33-469b-bf3d-72d07d2a7708
@i9g2000yqe.googlegroups.com, says...

On Sep 27, 10:40*pm, Qwight wrote:
So the Mike and Chris Show carries on, fouling up yet another
newsgroup.

* This newsgroup has long experience at eliminating fouling by the
dungbird.. and any idiot who dabbles in it.

* Janet

Why has MIke Crowe been a regular contributor for so long then I
wonder? Do other members feel that Crowe has anything of value to
bring to the group perhaps?

Old 28-09-2011, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Trevor" wrote in message
On Sep 28, 12:49 pm, Janet wrote:
In article 67e0b158-0e33-469b-bf3d-72d07d2a7708
@i9g2000yqe.googlegroups.com, says...

On Sep 27, 10:40 pm, Qwight wrote:
So the Mike and Chris Show carries on, fouling up yet another
newsgroup.

This newsgroup has long experience at eliminating fouling by the
dungbird.. and any idiot who dabbles in it.

Janet

Why has MIke Crowe been a regular contributor for so long then I
wonder? Do other members feel that Crowe has anything of value to
bring to the group perhaps?

My god Chris that WILL open the floodgates by the owners.

You just watch!!

Who will be first to explode a load of bile against me?

:-)))

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 28-09-2011, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 28, 6:01*pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 28, 12:49 pm, Janet wrote:

In article 67e0b158-0e33-469b-bf3d-72d07d2a7708
@i9g2000yqe.googlegroups.com, says...

On Sep 27, 10:40 pm, Qwight wrote:
So the Mike and Chris Show carries on, fouling up yet another
newsgroup.

This newsgroup has long experience at eliminating fouling by the
dungbird.. and any idiot who dabbles in it.

Janet

Why has MIke Crowe been a regular contributor for so long then I
wonder? Do other members *feel that Crowe has anything of value to
bring to the group perhaps?

My god Chris that WILL open the floodgates by the owners.

You just watch!!

Who will be first to explode a load of bile against me?

:-)))

Kindest regards

Mike

You seem to be persona non grata in several groups now, and seems that
members of this one have been wanting rid of you for years now!
Old 28-09-2011, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Trevor" wrote in message
On Sep 28, 6:01 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 28, 12:49 pm, Janet wrote:

[...]

.................................................. ..........

And that should bring a load of cr*p as well shouldn't it?

Still waiting to see who is going to break the silence and post a load of
bile so that those who follow these threads, those who actually know me, can
have a bloody good laugh.

:-))

Old 29-09-2011, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 28, 8:27*pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 28, 6:01 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 28, 12:49 pm, Janet wrote:

[...]

.................................................. .........

And that should bring a load of cr*p as well shouldn't it?

Still waiting to see who is going to break the silence and post a load of
bile so that those who follow these threads, those who actually know me, can
have a bloody good laugh.

:-))

If you dont realise that you are in the killfile of pretty much all
regular users of this group, it would seem you are dimmer than you
look!
Old 29-09-2011, 08:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 28, 9:55*pm, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 04:20:31 -0700 (PDT), Trevor

wrote:
I guess this is a question of whether or not you want to devote some
spare time to an end which will benefit a awful lot of IOW residents,
or are more interested in spending that time on a Theatre (which
already has more than enough volunteers!), which is only likely to be
used by summer visitors, and a small number of people from the IOW
able to afford this type of entertaninment?

On The One Show last night they showed how volunteers are driving the
buses on the IOW. No sign of volunteers taking over council Human
Resources and management jobs though.
--

Martin

IOW council also has a propensity for hiring top management level
staff at exorbitant salaries, who seem to do very little for the large
sums of taxpayers money they are rewarded with.

Do they hand out pointless study contracts to friend too?

Maybe rather than messing around with a theatre group, Mike Crowe
should spend some time looking into these scandals?

or become an acting CEO.
--

Martin

Has the IOW council scandal been publicised in the local press I
wonder?