Old 23-09-2011, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ventnor Botanic Gardens

Of course those in contact with me via PRIVATE EMAILS, instead of using urg
as their communication domain, will know all about it, but those who have
killfiled me, (well they haven't really have they? They don't wish to miss
my words of wisdom otherwise they would have started their own forum and
kept me out ;-)) will be interested in
http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/bota...ght-40860.aspx

Well they will peep but not admit because it is posted by me :-))

Even worse if I had gone via gardenbanter :-)))))

Mike

Old 25-09-2011, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ventnor Botanic Gardens STOP PRESS

--

Those who have used Shanklin Manor Mews http://www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk/
for their stay on the Island will have been notified, but for all other

Mike

Old 25-09-2011, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/bota...s-sought-40860...

Well they will peep but not admit because it is posted by me :-))

Even worse if I had gone via gardenbanter :-)))))

Mike

--

Those who have used Shanklin Manor Mewshttp://www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk/
for their stay on the Island will have been notified, but for all other
readers of urg and gardenbanter, my daughter and son in law have SOLD all of
the mews houses and the business. The 10% discount for mentioning urg or
gardenbanter cannot be guaranteed for anyone now booking the Mews via the
new owners. The present web site is out of date and will be modified/altered
as soon as possible.

Mike

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-15047855 Just to say
congratulations to Mike Crowe for being one of the first people on the
IOW to volunteer to help with running IOW libraries............seems
he is not all bad!
Old 25-09-2011, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 03:35:29 -0700 (PDT), Arthur
wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-15047855 Just to say
congratulations to Mike Crowe for being one of the first people on the
IOW to volunteer to help with running IOW libraries............seems
he is not all bad!

I don't see his name there.

4x£500,000 does not equal £33 million. No mention of who pays for the
acquiring of new books.

Every volunteer does somebody out of their job. Would you like a
volunteer to take over your job? Maybe volunteers should take over
some of the overpaid council management jobs?
--

Martin

Martin you won't see my name there because I have not been involved with the
Libraries, I have however been, and still am, involved with "The Friends of
Shanklin Theatre" http://www.friendsofshanklintheatre.org.uk/ and Shanklin
Theatre itself http://www.shanklintheatre.com/default.aspx

With regards to your comment of volunteers doing somebody out of a job, in
the case of Shanklin Theatre, it has worked the other way round. The Isle of
Wight Council gave intention that they were to close Shanklin Theatre and
make 7 people redundant. And they did. But before the final day, Shanklin
Town Council and "The Friends" got together and arranged to take the Theatre
over and run it. One full time and one part time job were saved. One of the
volunteers, having been made redundant from a shop manager position and had
time on his hands, spent many hours there and was eventually taken on full
time. Another volunteer has also been taken on full time.

Just thought I would put a few things straight :-))

Mike

Old 25-09-2011, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...-15047855*Just to say
[...]

If what I have been advised is wrong, is there any reason for you not
helping with IOW libraries? After all the library service on the IOW
is of far more benefit to residents than Shanklin theatre, and surely
deserves your support for this reason?

Old 25-09-2011, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Arthur" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

.................................................. ........................

"""If what I have been advised is wrong"""

Most of the things you make up are wrong, so why suddenly admit it?

Because you have at long last realised that I am right?

Well done.

Pity others on this newsgroup/forum don't realise that and continue to be
led by the bias of some people.

Mike

Old 25-09-2011, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 25, 4:49*pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Arthur" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 1:01 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...e-15047855Just to say
[...]

.................................................. .......................

"""If what I have been advised is wrong"""

Most of the things you make up are wrong, so why suddenly admit it?

Because you have at long last realised that I am right?

Well done.

Pity others on this newsgroup/forum don't realise that and continue to be
led by the bias of some people.

Mike

Is there any good reason you are not helping out with the IOW library
service? This seems to me to be of far greater value to IOW residents
than messing around with a theatre, which is used by perhaps less than
3% of the number of people using the islands library's?

As your continuing rather crude trolling on threads involving subjects
you know nothing whatsoever about, maybe your time spent on things
such as this could be far better employed assisting IOW library's in
some way?
Old 25-09-2011, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Arthur" wrote in message
On Sep 25, 4:49 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Arthur" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 1:01 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

.................................................. ....................

""Subjects I know nothing about"" ............. an example please

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 25-09-2011, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Arthur" wrote in message
On Sep 25, 4:49 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Arthur" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 1:01 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

.................................................. ...................

""Subjects I know nothing about"" ............. an example please

Kindest regards

Mike

I hope you have noticed that in accordance with norm of those who frequent
this newsgroup/forum the most, I have NOT pruned the dross from above as
suggested by the rules and regulations.

And should anybody wish to continue this off topic subject of volunteers for
the Theatre at Shanklin on the Isle of Wight or Ventnor Botanical Gardens or
the Libraries on the Isle of Wight, I will be happy to join in.

Mike

Old 26-09-2011, 08:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 25, 8:48*pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Arthur" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 4:49 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

"Arthur" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 1:01 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

I think members of the gardening NG are well aware of at least one
subject you know very little about! But we are still waiting to hear
why you have seemingly been quite unable to provide your valuable
services to the IOW library service, which would be of great benefit
to many IOW residents, especially the elderly ones such as yourself.

Old 26-09-2011, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 25, 8:53*pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Arthur" wrote in message
On Sep 25, 4:49 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Arthur" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 1:01 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Shanklin Theatre is used by very few people on the IOW, and the fact
its not been commercially viable for many years, does very much
support the fact this is the case. However the IOW library is
something that is used and enjoyed by large numbers of people on the
island, so would it not be a very good idea for you to direct your
efforts toward helping the libraries, rather than wasting them on what
seems to be a bit of a lost cause?

Old 26-09-2011, 09:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Trevor" wrote in message
On Sep 25, 8:53 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Arthur" wrote in message
On Sep 25, 4:49 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Arthur" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 1:01 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

.................................................. ..............

And once again you have not done any homework and don't know what you are
talking about :-)

Mike

Old 26-09-2011, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 26, 9:18*am, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 8:53 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Arthur" wrote in message
On Sep 25, 4:49 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Arthur" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 1:01 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...47855Justtosay
[...]

.................................................. .............

And once again you have not done any homework and don't know what you are
talking about :-)

Mike

Are you perhaps suggesting a rather grotty theatre in a run down part
of Shanklin, is used more than IOW libraries? If you are truly
interested in putting the considerable amount of free time you have to
good use, then I can see no reason whatsoever for you not getting
involved IOW libraries!
Old 26-09-2011, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Trevor" wrote in message
On Sep 26, 9:18 am, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 8:53 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Arthur" wrote in message
On Sep 25, 4:49 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Arthur" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 1:01 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

.................................................. ................

I have spent a considerable time in Shanklin Theatre today. In fact I have
only just come off stage from a production put on by the volunteers. It's
such a pity you were not there to see just what rubbish you make up and
post.

HOWEVER, just as others use this newsgroup/forum for advertising in a crafty
way, I have to thank you for the way you allow me to promote my interests,
such as the very successful Shanklin Theatre.

Please keep it up and allow me the opportunity to continue. Have you seen
the latest Acts we have coming? http://www.shanklintheatre.com/default.aspx
....... Al Murray is a sell out on both nights I understand.

You might also be interested to know that the Chairman of The Friends of
Shanklin Theatre introduced me to someone who wants to make even more use of
Shanklin Theatre.

With the success of Shanklin Theatre, perhaps you can see why other
organisations, such as the Libraries, come to us for guidance and pointers,
so really, I 'AM' helping the Libraries :-))

Thanks again :-))

Mike

Old 27-09-2011, 07:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 26, 10:32*pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 26, 9:18 am, "'Mike'" wrote:

"Trevor" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 8:53 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Arthur" wrote in message
On Sep 25, 4:49 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Arthur" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 1:01 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Not the point really is it? As you have plenty of free time, why not
devote it to actually helping out with something thats likely to be of
benefit to thousands of IOW residents rather than the affluent few who
visit Shanklin Theatre?