Old 11-10-2011, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bulb Fibre

I was in Homenase this morning and sudenly remembered I needed some bulb
fibre. Looked around, none in sight. Asked girl at desk, who asked
another girl, consulted the computer and said they dont stock it or its
discontinued! Left store and in the entrance saw all the bulbs and "Bulb
Planting Compost".

Why has it suddenly changed its name?

Went into local garden/pet shop in the high street and bought it there
(as bulb fibre!)

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales
Old 11-10-2011, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:07:34 +0100, Roger Tonkin
wrote:

I was in Homenase this morning and sudenly remembered I needed some bulb
fibre. Looked around, none in sight. Asked girl at desk, who asked
another girl, consulted the computer and said they dont stock it or its
discontinued! Left store and in the entrance saw all the bulbs and "Bulb
Planting Compost".

Why has it suddenly changed its name?

Went into local garden/pet shop in the high street and bought it there
(as bulb fibre!)

It's marketing doing what it can to create a new product without
actually changing anything but the name.

Steve

--
Neural network software applications, help and support.

Neural Network Software. www.npsl1.com
EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com
JustNN. Just Neural Networks. www.justnn.com

Old 11-10-2011, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 14:03:25 +0100, Roger Tonkin
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

I was in Homenase this morning and sudenly remembered I needed some
bulb
fibre. Looked around, none in sight. Asked girl at desk, who asked
another girl, consulted the computer and said they dont stock it or its
discontinued! Left store and in the entrance saw all the bulbs and
"Bulb
Planting Compost".

Why has it suddenly changed its name?

Went into local garden/pet shop in the high street and bought it there
(as bulb fibre!)

It's marketing doing what it can to create a new product without
actually changing anything but the name.

Steve

Oh come on!!

They always up the price as well

Or reduce the size

Steve

--
Neural network software applications, help and support.

Neural Network Software.
www.npsl1.com
EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com
JustNN. Just Neural Networks. www.justnn.com

or as in the case of Wagon Wheels, increased the price AND reduced the size
:-((

I can remember when Wagon Wheels were the size of Wagon Wheels
............... well almost.

Don't know how big they are now, but both my wife and I seem to remember
them being about three and a half inches across.

Any comments?

Anybody KNOW?

Mike

Old 11-10-2011, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Oct 11, 4:16*pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote in message

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 14:03:25 +0100, Roger Tonkin
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

They have made Mars Bars smaller.
The only improvement that can be made to a Mars Bar is to make it
bigger.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Oct 11, 5:16*pm, harry wrote:
On Oct 11, 4:16*pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote in message

.. .

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 14:03:25 +0100, Roger Tonkin
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

bigger.- Hide quoted text -

Isn't it strange that as we have got larger the sweets and biscuits
have got smaller.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
On Oct 11, 5:16 pm, harry wrote:
On Oct 11, 4:16 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote in message

.. .

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 14:03:25 +0100, Roger Tonkin
wrote:

In article ,

says...

wrote:

[...]

.................................................. ................

Have they ?

Dolly Mixture?
Jelly Babies? I love the Black ones. I bite their heads off
Smarties?

Mike

Old 11-10-2011, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:28:11 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

Isn't it strange that as we have got larger the sweets and biscuits
have got smaller.

And our dental treatment costs keep increasing. Could it be more sugar
in smaller sweets?

Steve